P1000 Hard front doors

C

caddyman

Guys
I was entertaining Honda glass windshield, back and hard doors. As we all know the setup is insanely expensive. Is it worth the upgrade and how noisy will cab be with everything installed? When I had my heat update installed they had a P1k in shop with the doors installed and seemed very good quality. At the time didn't bother asking tech what he thought of them. Rather have someone chime in here who has actually used them in the field. My concern is how hot it will be in the summer. Wonder how easy it is to remove them in the summer and put back on the factory doors.
Thanks

Toyfarm1206

Toyfarm1206

Jan 6, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve just had mine a few days. Already had one door come open going down the road and replaced the nylon strap with cable. 4 Allen head bolts and they come off then 2 for each latch. My plan is to put half doors on for summer. Nice solid doors, I may have to put a pull strap to close them. When it warms up I also plan on silicon in some of the gaps and putting black gorilla tape over the big gaps behind the seat.
As for noise it’s not bad on the road but the bed rattle is more noticeable on rough ground. Beats riding in the open in single digits.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can't help you with the doors as they're just a little (no a lot!) out of my comfort zone but I have the Honda glass front and rear windshield and I really am happy with them.

C

caddyman

Thanks guys. Its a lot of money to spend. Makes me wonder if its even worth it. When I opened the doors on the unit they had them installed on they appeared to be very heavy. I may ditch the idea and put that money somewhere else.
At a min buy the windshield for sure and maybe the back. I have heard with that setup the dust in cab is bad vs it being all open.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With the hard front and rear windshields, I don't see a huge dust issue.

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's my understanding, that with the full cab enclosure, you can't put the half doors back on. Has something too do with having too change rear hard cab mounting points and hard door mounting points, thus not allowing you too use factory half doors. That's why I'm installing the fabric doors so I can still use my factory half doors in warmer weather

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My plan is to go hard top, glass windshield with a fabric rear and half doors. In Virginia the winters aren’t too bad so the fabric will work for me plus they are easy off come summer and the price is right.

Also plan on a bilge fan that vents into cab for heat.

Reactions: ohanacreek
JLR

JLR

Apr 26, 2019
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CaddyMan, what did you end up going with for doors? I am interested in a cab setup for this winter for use with tracks. I see Honda released a new/updated hard front door last spring.

J

JJC2585

Dec 19, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased a 2020 Honda with the full cab and I love the doors I don’t c no reason to take the doors off hell summer time just roll down the windows

8ED007C6 A802 46AB A59D 800D142FAB9F

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just purchased a 2020 Honda with the full cab and I love the doors I don’t c no reason to take the doors off hell summer time just roll down the windows

View attachment 171554
Just seen you joined yesterday.
Welcome from the Great Lakes State. Nice rig.

JLR

JLR

Apr 26, 2019
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 171554

Nice looking setup JJC. Do you have a heater in that and or any frosting issues on the inside of the windshield?

J

JJC2585

Dec 19, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks yall. I got a buddy heater in floor and it did fog up so I got some rain X. Antifog for the inside and it hasn’t fogged up since I use rainX on outside windows

J

JJC2585

Dec 19, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks yall. I got a buddy heater in floor and it did fog up so I got some rain X. Antifog for the inside and it hasn’t fogged up since I use rainX on outside windows

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!