Hard or Soft Roof

marchinkeja

marchinkeja

Feb 15, 2015
Carpendale,Wv
Getting read to purchase a roof for my P5. I'm not sure weather to go with the soft roof or the hard one. I have the superatv windshield installed and I'm not sure how either one of these roofs fit with this windshield. Any recommendations ?

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Most of my riding has been where trails go through trees and I have hit my hard roof on many branches without a single problem. I'm not sure but I would have never thought a soft top would have held up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard roof is awesome don't have to take it off to trailer and you can mount stuff to it.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I would go with the hard roof also. We ride some deep woods and I feel a soft roof would get torn up too easy.

marchinkeja

marchinkeja

Feb 15, 2015
Carpendale,Wv
sounds like i will be going with the hard roof. any recommendations where to purchase it?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have the Moose hard roof (got it off eBay for about $130)
Seems tough, skidded it along a tree at a sharp angle and didn't leave a mark on it. I would buy it again

Reactions: Mabe
marchinkeja

marchinkeja

Feb 15, 2015
Carpendale,Wv
Do you have a windshield Code? By the pictures i've seen of the moose hard roof it looks like there would be about 2 or 3 inch gap between the roof and the windshield.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I would do a hard roof also, I've moved many trees/ low branches with my hard roof with out any issuses, a soft top would be shredded

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I do not have the windshield yet, been going to order one from Super ATV but the Power steering upgrade put that on hold for a little bit.....
Not sure if it will gap or not. I really liked the lower profile of the Moose roof but may have a small issue to fix with the windshield at a later time. Hopefully someone has both and can chime in.

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
What? Power steering upgrade? Tell me about it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!