P1000 Hard rear panel window latch

E

elarson6772

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2024
Saginaw, Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
After just a few months on a new machine, the plastic sliding window latch on the Honda hard rear panel broke.

Trip to the dealer who looked up the parts detail on the rear panel ( they showed it to me ) resulted in being told the latch isn’t sold separately. I’d have to buy the entire upper panel with the sliding window in it at just under $425.

Come on Honda. It’s a little plastic latch that screws onto the sliding window frame with two Phillips head screws…

Guess it’s staying broken unless someone else has found a solution.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What does the latch look like? Maybe something can be retrofitted or modified to work

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
the latch isn’t sold separately.
Its been well documented here for many years, alot of the “internal parts” of the genuine Honda accessories cant be purchased and Honda also isent the manufacture of there “Genuine Honda accessories”
It was asked in a thread earlier this week as well.
Guess it’s staying broken unless someone else has found a solution.
Zip tie it or 3D print it. If you do the ladder, make a bunch and sell them as a solution. Im sure there are many out there that need one.

E

elarson6772

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2024
Saginaw, Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
What does the latch look like? Maybe something can be retrofitted or modified to work
The way it attaches to the frame and the way it holds the window it literally would have to pretty much be identical, unfortunately.

E

elarson6772

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2024
Saginaw, Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Its been well documented here for many years, alot of the “internal parts” of the genuine Honda accessories cant be purchased and Honda also isent the manufacture of there “Genuine Honda accessories”
It was asked in a thread earlier this week as well.

Zip tie it or 3D print it. If you do the ladder, make a bunch and sell them as a solution. Im sure there are many out there that need one.
Thats' good to know but disappointing, to say the least. I'm going to inspect the window frame and glass closely and see if there is any hint as to who makes the window/frame. Unfortunately, there isn't anything to zip tie to to hold it, and I don't 3D print.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats' good to know but disappointing, to say the least. I'm going to inspect the window frame and glass closely and see if there is any hint as to who makes the window/frame. Unfortunately, there isn't anything to zip tie to to hold it,
Good luck at finding that. Its like top secrete or something lol. People have tried and Im pretty sure have come up empty.
post up a pic of it so we can give u some ideas of what to do.

I don't 3D print.
great time to learn how! 😉

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Go to your local auto parts store, Dorman makes all sorts of stuff like this. I'd bet my paycheck they didn't make a proprietary sliding windows latch for a Honda midpanel ..... it's more than likely an off the shelf piece.