Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I got my hard roof today and put it on. The rear seems to line up right, however the front does not seem to symmetrical. The clamps are the same distance from the outer roll cage. The drivers side the roof covers the frame bolts that face outward. The passenger side does not come out or down enough to cover them. Has anyone run into an alignment issue?

Reactions: Corona1
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't remember having that problem with mine. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know. The bigger question is, does it fit in the garage?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It fits in the shed. I got a 7ft garage door on it. I do have to chain the door all the way up though. If I don't the door hangs down too much and wouldn't fit

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
It fits in the shed. I got a 7ft garage door on it. I do have to chain the door all the way up though. If I don't the door hangs down too much and wouldn't fit

You can take the rear & midsection clamps off remove the brackets and drill 2 new holes in each of the roof brackets for the clamps. You will fit in an 80" opening with commander shocks and 28.5 tires.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You can take the rear & midsection clamps off remove the brackets and drill 2 new holes in each of the roof brackets for the clamps. You will fit in an 80" opening with commander shocks and 28.5 tires.

got any pictures of what you are talking about? how does this affect the roof as far as flex goes?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I don't think there is any part of the hard roof that it symmetrical. Mines the same way,looking at it from the front you can really see it is crooked. I just center mine up left to right and clamp it down when I'm putting it back on.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I got my hard roof today and put it on. The rear seems to line up right, however the front does not seem to symmetrical. The clamps are the same distance from the outer roll cage. The drivers side the roof covers the frame bolts that face outward. The passenger side does not come out or down enough to cover them. Has anyone run into an alignment issue?

Had similar issues when installing mine. Loosened all clamps, centered visually and clamped back down. Clamps no longer are same distance from ROPS, but unless you put a tape to it no ones the wiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Once installed and more clearance is needed remove the plastic clamps from the L brackets and drill 2 new holes in each bracket relocating the clamp. For the rear brackets simply unbolt them nd flip them over and reinstall the bolts. The midsection of the roof will now sit ontop of the upper cross bar above the passenger compartment.

20170117 163802 1484692876785424206007 14846930139951948157134

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
@SundayRdr I like that, must have to trim the roof back when using honda soft doors?

advertisement
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I don't know about trimming for the fabric doors, I'm a tight ass and can't break down and buy them.

they make sunday rides a lot more fun in the cold weather, I'd love to lower my roof an inch or two so i can get in the garage without rubbing....going to look it this a little deeper real soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!