P1000 Hard starting 2nd time if not fully warmed up after 1st start up

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2021 HP1K-3 with 3200 miles... this has happened a couple times. After first start up of the day if I don't let the engine warm up to running temp and shut it off, it seems to be hard starting after a few minutes. Then I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then it will start but barely like it wants to die out. Has anyone here had something like this happen?

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2021 HP1K-3 with 3200 miles... this has happened a couple times. After first start up of the day if I don't let the engine warm up to running temp and shut it off, it seems to be hard starting after a few minutes. Then I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then it will start but barely like it wants to die out. Has anyone here had something like this happen?
All the usual suspects-
Fowled Plugs, bad grounds, dirty air filter, $hitty gas

• Sad
Reactions: Bombardier Convert
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
It runs great otherwise. If it was any of those things i would think it should run crappy all the time which it does not..
please heed the advice and recommendations of those who are trying to help, it is difficult to troubleshoot over the internet but not knowing if even basic maintenance has been done doesn't help you - the usual suspects are meant to start with the basics - there are a lot of smart good members trying to help

there are no pics, no description of accessories, is it a road queen or been ridden hard and put away wet, zero explanation of what you have done to resolve and checked other than "did anyone hear of this"

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It runs great otherwise. If it was any of those things i would think it should run crappy all the time which it does not..
So one may think! But not necessarily the case.
You have an intermittent thing happening, its the hardest thing to diagnose. Many of us myself included have seen alot of intermittent issues some salve easy some dont and this is where to start to check the boxes then move on to the next. Skipping this will guarantee you will be an un happy camper once u find out it may have been one of those later.
But if u want to beat yourself up, Go for it lol.
Hope its not too bad and u get er fixed quick. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So one may think! But not necessarily the case.
You have an intermittent thing happening, its the hardest thing to diagnose. Many of us myself included have seen alot of intermittent issues some salve easy some dont and this is where to start to check the boxes then move on to the next. Skipping this will guarantee you will be an un happy camper once u find out it may have been one of those later.
But if u want to beat yourself up, Go for it lol.
Hope its not too bad and u get er fixed quick. 👍🏻
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the help! Thank you for all the info you can share! I will be checking the boxes! If I find anything that fixes it I surely will share that too!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
there are no pics, no description of accessories, is it a road queen or been ridden hard and put away wet, zero explanation of what you have done to resolve and checked other than "did anyone hear of this"
Sorry, didn't mean to start a war.. I do appreciate the help!

My machine is basically stock. No mods or special tunes. Always maintained to a T. Very gently ridden. As this issue has only happened a couple times I have done nothing other than to ask if anyone has had this happen.

Sorry if that offends someone.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry, didn't mean to start a war.. I do appreciate the help!

My machine is basically stock. No mods or special tunes. Always maintained to a T. Very gently ridden. As this issue has only happened a couple times I have done nothing other than to ask if anyone has had this happen.

Sorry if that offends someone.
all good - all on the same ride re team - keep us posted if you find anything

Reactions: Bombardier Convert
advertisement