P1000m5 HardlyWorkin Build

hardlyworkin submitted a new Garage Item:

Hardlyworkin Build

I finally picked up a white deluxe 1000-5 today and the build has commenced. I used to run a Jeep several years ago until I decided they were too expensive to build, too easy to break, and rode too rough. I think this Pioneer should fill the void well and be much more capable.
View attachment 21088 View attachment 21089
I have already done 90% of the install on a Superwinch Terra 45SR with a KFI mount. I also have a SuperAtv flip windshield in on its way. I have an Attwood bilge blower left over from an old boat that I may be installing soon if I decide its necessary. Pics to come!

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My older son is 1 1/2 and he loves it. He will point at the keys for it hanging by the door and grab my hand to take him for a ride. He only has probably 50 miles logged in it though. I probably only have about 200 miles on it so far.

Last edited:
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 years later I only have about 700 miles on this thing due to personal and work commitments but I still love it.

I have added a snorkel and relocated vent lines, replaced both tires on the driver side due to pinching them on rocks (4 ply stock tires are terrible), and still haven't installed my speakers. Since my kids have grown a little I am hoping to get some miles on it this summer

The local Honda shop is being difficult and won't to the improvements Honda put out for the 2016 models until they do it on the ones sold at their location so I am looking for another shop to take it to. They aren't willing to do mine because I bought it elsewhere for cheaper even though I have spent copious amounts of money at their shop in the past so they have lost my business for good.

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added an Alienshade roof yesterday and I am very pleased with it as long as it isn't raining.
I am working on a mounting a new fan and doing the rear door storage mod. The next step is talking the wife into a set of better shocks!

IMG 20180623 155339037 BURST001

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It took almost 2 years but yesterday I passed the 1,000 mile mark. I seems like this machine gets smoother every time I drive it!

IMG 20181019 193118956

Last edited:
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got the green light to replace the tires on this machine. I have constantly have had to plug the terrible OEM 4 ply Bighorn 2.0 tires. Rocky Mountain ATV has the Tusk Aramid Terrabites on sale right now plus free shipping so I pulled the trigger on a set of 28x10x14s. Hopefully these 8 ply tires will hold up better!

Tus 16 tir atv utv ter rad 163021

Last edited:
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I finally got the green light to replace the tires on this machine. I have constantly have had to plug the terrible OEM 4 ply Bighorn 2.0 tires. Rocky Mountain ATV has the Tusk Aramid Terrabites on sale right now plus free shipping so I pulled the trigger on a set of 28x10x14s. Hopefully these 8 ply tires will hold up better!

View attachment 140834
Ive had the terrabites for a year and a half now and they have been very good tires.

Reactions: hardlyworkin
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive had the terrabites for a year and a half now and they have been very good tires.
I have heard nothing but positive things about them. They definitely feel much more stable than the Bighorns

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I checked the clearance with the 28x10x14 tires on stock wheels and suspension. The fronts come close to rubbing the Trail Armor skid plates but they don't touch them.

IMG 20190729 181000

Reactions: DanDan and TripleB
advertisement
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided the pioneer needed an emergency brake. The kids love playing in it and I needed a way to keep it from moving if they decided to play with the shifter.
The Hillbilly Brake is very well thought out and well made. I highly recommend it!
Also, gas pedal recall has been done.

IMG 20190820 190913

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I gotta take my 18 in to do the gas pedal recall and im dreading taken to dealership although they are very well known for taken care of there customers i just have a problem with someone else wrkin on my stuff but honda keeps sending me recall notices lol cause I figure they will find something to wrk on and charge me

Btw been reading ur post rig looks awesome I like the white

Reactions: TripleB
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gotta take my 18 in to do the gas pedal recall and im dreading taken to dealership although they are very well known for taken care of there customers i just have a problem with someone else wrkin on my stuff but honda keeps sending me recall notices lol cause I figure they will find something to wrk on and charge me

Btw been reading ur post rig looks awesome I like the white
I'm always nervous taking anything to dealers as well. A local car dealer has lied to my face about needed repairs on a vehicle before so I don't take any shops word for it anymore.
If they do find something wrong I just take it home and assess/repair it myself usually.

Reactions: Tundra20
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm always nervous taking anything to dealers as well. A local car dealer has lied to my face about needed repairs on a vehicle before so I don't take any shops word for it anymore.
If they do find something wrong I just take it home and assess/repair it myself usually.

Was the gas pedal recall simple for u idk if I should even mess with it as ive had no issues wer u able to tell what was done im just curious
Thanks

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was the gas pedal recall simple for u idk if I should even mess with it as ive had no issues wer u able to tell what was done im just curious
Thanks
All they did was replace the gas pedal assembly. It was maybe a 10 minute job.
They put the recall out because the pivot pin can rust and fail, rendering the gas pedal useless. That's not something I want to happen while out in the middle of the woods so I went ahead and had it done. I will take all the free brand new parts from Honda that I can.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!