P500 Hardwired reverse backup light

M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hey there! Anybody know how to wire a back up light strait to the reverse , so it comes on when I put my p500 in reverse? Thx!

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
It can be done but not directly. Do a search and you'll find plenty of information on it.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW I tried to search something yesterday and search was broken.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
It's not worked great for me lately either. @Morrelfinder. @Hondasxs sells a solution to make the backup lights works like you are wanting. I'm not sure of the details yet, because that's an upgrade I haven't gotten to researching yet. Hope this helps.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looks like he already had it on his radar.

4C1E9094 FB87 44DA B096 268B8A3D7457

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey there! Anybody know how to wire a back up light strait to the reverse , so it comes on when I put my p500 in reverse? Thx!
I’ve got it on my P5 and it works great! What Hondasxs is going to post up for you later.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Jeeze, Where the hell was it hidden??? Not under P500!
Nope.. She is hidden.
I haven't made one since I sent one to @Montecresto.
I have been holding back because I am unable to find a 500 locally where I could make sure what I designed worked well enough to push to market.
One reason I am hesitant to just "put it out there" is because its a PITA to get too. The one for the Talon is difficult but I think this one is even more.

So, this consists of the following.
An 8 pin connector that goes in line with your gear position shift sensor connector. From there it pulls the ground single for reverse.
There is a positive line that needs to be connected.
The positive line joins with this ground wire and from there you have a closed-circuit ONLY when in reverse.

Some problems I need solutions to.
- I need some instructions.
- Where does one get Positive power? It should be Key-on for most cases.
- How long of wire does one need for this?
- How long of a (+&-) wire from the connector to the light?

@Montecresto did give me some feedback from his install, but lack of interest kinda canned me doing anything with that info.

Check out the one for the talon here - Honda Talon 1000 Reverse Ground Trigger Wire Harness!
The 500 will look similar but with longer feed wires.

Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hmm, keyed power probably would be best. I ran mine to my fused accessory bar that I built for future growth. Shortest run for me was a 76” wire but that was going through my split loom that is tucked above my after market skids. It could be a shorter run I suppose if ran to the P5’s stock battery box, but I suppose that wouldn’t be keyed power then....

M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Thx for the post, is there anywhere else I can get that harness that you know of? If not, do you know when or how long it’s going to take for it to be available?

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Nope.. She is hidden.
I have been holding back because I am unable to find a 500 locally where I could make sure what I designed worked well enough to push to market.
One reason I am hesitant to just "put it out there" is because its a PITA to get too. The one for the Talon is difficult but I think this one is even more.

An 8 pin connector that goes in line with your gear position shift sensor connector. From there it pulls the ground single for reverse.
The positive line joins with this ground wire and from there you have a closed-circuit ONLY when in reverse.

@Montecresto did give me some feedback from his install, but lack of interest kinda canned me doing anything with that info.

Check out the one for the talon here - Honda Talon 1000 Reverse Ground Trigger Wire Harness!

Thanks.
Sounds like way too much bother, time and expense to make. The guys will complain that it's too expensive!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wow, you’ve done some homework @Hondasxs. I just put a switch on the dash, since I also did the reverse lever adjustment, still have a fee hand for the switch. LOL

Reactions: 70Bones
GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Nope.. She is hidden.

Thanks.
I wouldn't mind getting a "kit" that included the connector and connector install directions. I to would come from a fused accessory buss under the hood for the positive. Tks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I wouldn't mind getting a "kit" that included the connector and connector install directions. I to would come from a fused accessory buss under the hood for the positive. Tks
Thats was the end goal.
Im not at that point currently.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!