P1000 Harness bar

J

JTW

Guys -

I received my harness bar. It's a great looking piece.

BUT - the darn thing just won't mount up for me.

It looks to me like the tubes on my cage are a larger diameter than what the clamps are designed for??

My machine is a pretty early build date (3/16). Any chance the tubes changed at some point??

Just for the heck of it, I clamped the harness bar up to the rear down bars on my cage. They hook up and fit just fine back there (to either side, but not both). But they don't fit around the b-pillar bars where they are supposed to go. I don't have any calipers to measure the bars. But using a set of channel locks as pseudo-calipers, I can see the back bars are a smaller diameter than the fronts.

Anyone else have this issue?

It also doesn't fit between the bars. I have the cage unbolted all over the place trying to squeeze it in, but even if it does go, the clamps appear incompatible with my cage bars.

Thanks.
Pics? I had to hit mine with a rubber mallet.

Reactions: BWAF
B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics? I had to hit mine with a rubber mallet.

First pic is the bar mounted to the rear of the frame. I just wanted to see the clamp fit to a bar.

picture

The next pic is the clamp against the bar it is supposed to fit around.

picture

I just don't see how it would ever go on, even if I could get it to fit between the bars. I put it up against the outside of the cage in this pic for demonstration. Out of focus is a red wonder bar I have between the upper part of the cage and lower part. I was prying there to spread the cage. It would move maybe 1/4", but it still wasn't enough to get it in there.

The bar is definitely bigger at that spot.

Reactions: BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm jealous.

I did try the dead blow first.

Did you have any issues with the clamps fitting around the cage once you got it in to place?

Your setup looks great!

Clamps were a perfect fit but 1 screw was missing. I bought new bolts that are black. Make sure you start all 4 bolts before tightening any.

Reactions: JTW
B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clamps were a perfect fit but 1 screw was missing. I bought new bolts that are black. Make sure you start all 4 bolts before tightening any.
Thanks.

I see they fit great in your build thread. Mine just don't. :(

I'd love to go ride Drummond Island. I use to vacation there in the summers when I was a kid with my grandparents. I remember my grandfather taking me down trails in his Datsun pick up, but we'd never get very far....I always wanted to go explore more!

Reactions: ToddACimer
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.

I see they fit great in your build thread. Mine just don't. :(

I'd love to go ride Drummond Island. I use to vacation there in the summers when I was a kid with my grandparents. I remember my grandfather taking me down trails in his Datsun pick up, but we'd never get very far....I always wanted to go explore more!

We will ride pretty much everything next weekend unless deep water deters us

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First pic is the bar mounted to the rear of the frame. I just wanted to see the clamp fit to a bar.

picture

The next pic is the clamp against the bar it is supposed to fit around.

picture

I just don't see how it would ever go on, even if I could get it to fit between the bars. I put it up against the outside of the cage in this pic for demonstration. Out of focus is a red wonder bar I have between the upper part of the cage and lower part. I was prying there to spread the cage. It would move maybe 1/4", but it still wasn't enough to get it in there.

The bar is definitely bigger at that spot.

I can't see your photos but if the clamps fit the rear roll bar they'll fit the B-pillar. Make sure the bends are facing rearward and down. I only had to remove the right side roll cage bolts.

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't see your photos but if the clamps fit the rear roll bar they'll fit the B-pillar. Make sure the bends are facing rearward and down. I only had to remove the right side roll cage bolts.

Huh.

My rear roll bar and the bar this fits to are different sizes. Yours are the same??

I don't have a good way to measure the diameter, but I ran a tape measure around the rear bar, and then around the middle and the front roll cage bars. The front and the middle bars are the same circumference, and the rears are smaller.

I didn't write it down, but I think it was about 3/16 or 1/4" difference.

Are yours all the same?

J

JTW

Huh.

My rear roll bar and the bar this fits to are different sizes. Yours are the same??

I don't have a good way to measure the diameter, but I ran a tape measure around the rear bar, and then around the middle and the front roll cage bars. The front and the middle bars are the same circumference, and the rears are smaller.

I didn't write it down, but I think it was about 3/16 or 1/4" difference.

Are yours all the same?
Yup.. I have a 16 too. Take some string or cord and wrap around it.. then mark it and use the tape on the string or cord to measure

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have one to install soon too. Also canam x3 harnesses to weld to them.

I have a 2016 and 2019 out in the shop. I can check but all the rops including the pillars should be 45mm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The vertical sections of roll cage are all the same diameter. Make sure you're not trying to install the harness bar on the weld seam of the v-bar. The BCF clamp is about 2" tall and there's only a 2.5" section of b-pillar that it fits on

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
04B25130 367F 4A9E B751 F9D91E8B3DB7
DDEAF450 DABE 424A AF37 16064D713AFA
9790AA8C 6F2E 478A A916 F417EE6DC5A0
Just installed mine this week. Directions say bend facing down towards the floor on mine. Unbolted the cage and still required a little finesse to get it in.

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess It all depends on what part you call the bend eh? Like your way better so out to the garage. Lol.

I did the measurement with a string. My mid bars are about an 1/16 - 1/8" larger in circumference. I don't get it. So it makes the clamp halves too far apart to reach with the provide bolts.

I wonder if it just has heavy powder coating?!??

It's frustrating for sure..

I'm headed home and won't have a chance to mess with it for a few weeks....plenty of time to stew......

Thanks for all the ideas fellas.

Reactions: tr005
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The clamp ID is basically line on line or .01" different than the tube. It won't fit until the clamp is clamped. Put the bar in place, start the tip of all 4 screws and work your way from 1 bolt to the next 1/2 turn in at a time. The bolts will pull the clamp tight

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!