P1000 Harness bar

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

When I put the bar and clamp up to the cage, the bolts aren't even close to reaching (Im exaggerating - they are close, but they don't reach across to the bar - maybe 1/16" from even reaching).

Again, they clamp up just fine around the rear bars....I tried the front too and they work there.

All I can think to do at this point is open them up / machine away some of the inside of the clamp halves.

Its just weird that it fits the other bars, but not the middle ones.

Bummer.

Reactions: tr005 and BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I put the bar and clamp up to the cage, the bolts aren't even close to reaching (Im exaggerating - they are close, but they don't reach across to the bar - maybe 1/16" from even reaching).

Again, they clamp up just fine around the rear bars....I tried the front too and they work there.

All I can think to do at this point is open them up / machine away some of the inside of the clamp halves.

Bummer.

The bars are all the same size. Just make sure you are on the b-pillar tube and below the v-bar gusset and that you are above the mounts for the door latches and nets. The clamp only fits on a 2.5" tall section of b-pillar

Reactions: tr005 and BWAF
J

JTW

Bummer.
Put it up there and knock the hell out of it with a hammer.

Reactions: BWAF and tr005
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you recently purchase this bar?
I had a nightmare of a time installing mine from the 2nd run. @Moses was using short stainless steel cap screws. I ordered a few different lengths of zinc plated cap screws. I think I used some that were either 5/8" or 3/4" long. I was able to get the SS screws started, but I wasn't comfortable using the cap screws to close the gap and tighten. I don't know if he ever made the change moving forward to a slightly longer cap screw to help with installation.

D

DDDonkey

Did you recently purchase this bar?
I had a nightmare of a time installing mine from the 2nd run. @Moses was using short stainless steel cap screws. I ordered a few different lengths of zinc plated cap screws. I think I used some that were either 5/8" or 3/4" long. I was able to get the SS screws started, but I wasn't comfortable using the cap screws to close the gap and tighten. I don't know if he ever made the change moving forward to a slightly longer cap screw to help with installation.

Interesting I also got a bar from the second run and had to get longer screws too, I just thought I had screwed something up.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting I also got a bar from the second run and had to get longer screws too, I just thought I had screwed something up.
I wasn't comfortable trying to use 1/3 of the leading thread on the SS cap screw to pull everything into place. Standard plated cap screw will be way stronger in the long run anyways.

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I just received the bar a couple weeks ago. It’s the design with the extra little bars to hold the straps. I don’t recall seeing that on the older ones.

I could try longer bolts I guess. Do you know what size you went with? What’s the thread on those?

And I do see that I only have a small window between the weldment above and the safety net attachment point below. I’m in that spot.

I included a pic above showing how the clamp on the bar has a gap between it and the cage that is pretty big. I didn’t show the same thing with the other half of the clamp, but if you could imagine it doing the same thing - you get 2 halves that are pretty far apart.

I’ll get a couple different bolt lengths and try pulling it together. I might need to put in extra long ones to get it started, pull it together, and then swap to shorter ones that don’t bottom out in the tapped holes on the bar.

I’m away from the machine until the first week of August. I’ll give it another try then!

Thanks all for the thoughts and suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys -

I received my harness bar. It's a great looking piece.

BUT - the darn thing just won't mount up for me.

It looks to me like the tubes on my cage are a larger diameter than what the clamps are designed for??

My machine is a pretty early build date (3/16). Any chance the tubes changed at some point??

Just for the heck of it, I clamped the harness bar up to the rear down bars on my cage. They hook up and fit just fine back there (to either side, but not both). But they don't fit around the b-pillar bars where they are supposed to go. I don't have any calipers to measure the bars. But using a set of channel locks as pseudo-calipers, I can see the back bars are a smaller diameter than the fronts.

Anyone else have this issue?

It also doesn't fit between the bars. I have the cage unbolted all over the place trying to squeeze it in, but even if it does go, the clamps appear incompatible with my cage bars.

Thanks.
Did you ever get this resolved? this is the first im seeing/ hearing about this the install instructions should also have our contact info on them. Theirs also a specific orientation on how to install it...

advertisement
Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I just received the bar a couple weeks ago. It’s the design with the extra little bars to hold the straps. I don’t recall seeing that on the older ones.

I could try longer bolts I guess. Do you know what size you went with? What’s the thread on those?

And I do see that I only have a small window between the weldment above and the safety net attachment point below. I’m in that spot.

I included a pic above showing how the clamp on the bar has a gap between it and the cage that is pretty big. I didn’t show the same thing with the other half of the clamp, but if you could imagine it doing the same thing - you get 2 halves that are pretty far apart.

I’ll get a couple different bolt lengths and try pulling it together. I might need to put in extra long ones to get it started, pull it together, and then swap to shorter ones that don’t bottom out in the tapped holes on the bar.

I’m away from the machine until the first week of August. I’ll give it another try then!

Thanks all for the thoughts and suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are 1/4-28x3/4"long Socket head cap screws

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are 1/4-28x3/4"long Socket head cap screws
Thanks.

I'm planning to buy some longer bolts so I'll have some when I go back to the machine over Labor Day weekend.

I did have some bolts that were not socket head cap type that I tried using. I put a washer on them and tried to pull the 2 halfs together. I was successful at messing up the coating on the clamps, but it didn't really pull the halfs together before I quit.

Since the clamps fit perfectly on my front and rear bars, I think I must just have something really weird going on with my machine. As I said, I took a string and ran it around the rear bars, and then the middle bars, and the middle are larger in diameter. It was a small amount....I don't remember...like 1/16"... I don't know if Honda did something different with the coating or what.

It's been SUPER frustrating that I can't get it together. But I blame my machine, not the BCF bar.

So I'll be getting some different lengths of 1/4-28 socket head cap screws to try pulling it together over the holiday.

On the bright side - I completed my door bushing upgrade and added my under seat fan mounting and wiring. If one project doesn't work, move on to the next one!!!

Thanks!!

Reactions: Moses
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Just got mine in this afternoon. Thanks @Moses for the quick turnaround and great product! Took all of 30 minutes to get it installed.

IMG 20200519 193326
IMG 20200519 193753

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!