P1000 has anyone had valves adjusted

J

JOHNDEEREMAN

May 7, 2016
NEVADA
i went up in the mountains yesterday coming back down it started back fireing in muffler i was a block away from home motor quit running service engine light came on turned key off and it started back up if i tried to run it over 1500 rpm it would die taking it to dealer when they open ruined the rest of holladay ride someone said cataltic convert mit be plugged

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
How many miles do you have on your pioneer 1000?

J

JOHNDEEREMAN

May 7, 2016
NEVADA
i have 3800 plus miles 280 hrs its run good so far no problems until this its going to worry me now because i go on some 100 plus mile rides im retired and ride alot dont like to walk very far

Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The dealer can check the failure code to see which sensor failed. Turning the key off then restarting resets it and the failure may turn the check engine on again. It should be an easy fix. You may want to check the engine ground wire. Follow forward from the engine to the frame under the drivers seat. Also check the battery terminals too.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are the grounds. The spark aerator is easy to check just take the 3 bolts of the exhaust tip and it comes out

J

JOHNDEEREMAN

May 7, 2016
NEVADA
thanks ill check ground and spark aerater i wouldnt think it would be plugged just that i run down some roads 40-45 mph you would think
that would keep it clean i also run 89 octane all the time a guy that was ride with me said the back firing can cause cathltic converter to melt
it was getting pretty loud

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
With that many miles you need to check the air cleaner it should be replaced at 3600 . The spark arrester needs to be cleaned every 600 miles and if you never adjusted the valves it might need to be done.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!