P1000 Has anyone priced new front fenders and hood lately?

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my '16 1k5 base front fenders and hood are Honda Red, (because Red is the fastest) are starting to do the typical Honda Red thing that they all do and transforming into more of a Hunda Pink and it's slowing me down LOL! Gonna be doing a dual battery and auxiliary electrical system before the nice weather rolls back in and figured that would be the perfect time to go ahead and swap out plastics. Called my local Honda dealer today for price and availability of a new hood and the fender assembly. They came back with a price of $653.80 for set! Seems a little steep to me. Anyone else priced this lately? How about the wraps that Creative UTV or The Viynl Creator have? Will the cover all of the exposed color on the hood and fenders when installed? Not sure what to do here. I don't want to cruise the trails in a pink machine but don't really want to spend $650 on plastic either!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Creative UTV graphics do a nice job and have been a vender on here since the dawn of time. Its a great option and Walter is great to work with.

Its been a long time since Ive seen a thread about plastic pricing as of late. The dealer is a rape to begin with so no surprise there. Check out the search and youll find who others have used to get a better price on plastics. Theres a ton of threads on it and as long as the Gettysburg address

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Creative UTV graphics do a nice job and have been a vender on here since the dawn of time. Its a great option and Walter is great to work with.

Its been a long time since Ive seen a thread about plastic pricing as of late. The dealer is a rape to begin with so no surprise there. Check out the search and youll find who others have used to get a better price on plastics. Theres a ton of threads on it and as long as the Gettysburg address

Thanks man! I appreciate the info. I will check the search when I get home. Thinking the best bet is gonna be to get in touch with Creative utv or the vinyl creator and wrap it. I'm digging this that the vinyl creator has on his website but it only does the hood. I think he's a vender on here too.

Screenshot 20230106 160759 Chrome

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rattle can paint for plastic has nearly doubled in price up to $6.98 a can at WalMart . . . that'd be 1% of what that dealer want's for new plastic.
Yeah, not rattle canning it! I've never seen a rattle can job turn out worth a crap on atv plastics. I don't want it pink, but definitely don't want to cruise the turd buggy either LOL!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my '16 1k5 base front fenders and hood are Honda Red, (because Red is the fastest) are starting to do the typical Honda Red thing that they all do and transforming into more of a Hunda Pink and it's slowing me down LOL! Gonna be doing a dual battery and auxiliary electrical system before the nice weather rolls back in and figured that would be the perfect time to go ahead and swap out plastics. Called my local Honda dealer today for price and availability of a new hood and the fender assembly. They came back with a price of $653.80 for set! Seems a little steep to me. Anyone else priced this lately? How about the wraps that Creative UTV or The Viynl Creator have? Will the cover all of the exposed color on the hood and fenders when installed? Not sure what to do here. I don't want to cruise the trails in a pink machine but don't really want to spend $650 on plastic either!
I just did a quick search on Rockymountain Atv for a 2017 3 seater and came up with a couple part numbers that are pretty reasonable. The fender might be on backorder but might be something to pursue. $650 is pretty crazy for me as I was able to do my whole 1000-5 for $275 a couple years ago.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just did a quick search on Rockymountain Atv for a 2017 3 seater and came up with a couple part numbers that are pretty reasonable. The fender might be on backorder but might be something to pursue. $650 is pretty crazy for me as I was able to do my whole 1000-5 for $275 a couple years ago.
View attachment 369035
Awesome, I'll check them out. Didn't even think about them having them. Just received the oem cupped washers and bolts for the skid plate Friday. Needed extras for the 3/8" uhmw skid plate I am building from the good section of liner from my semi dump trailer when I put a new one in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!