P1000 Rough Country has NEW shocks????

D

Drose807

Sep 7, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So I was browsing the world wide web today and stumbled upon this: Rough Country Vertex Shocks for Honda Pioneer!
16 23 honda pioneer frt rr vertex   791005

They seemed to be priced fairly and with everyone who has claimed that the original M1 shocks work well and not a bad option for those who do not want to spend $2k....This new option from RC seems to be a nice middle ground....

I will be interested to see if anyone gets these as I am interested in trying them out!

I know everyone will say just buy fox, elka, 814, etc....but thoughts?

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m not a rough country fan. Had their 2” lift with shocks when I got my Rubicon Unlimited and the shocks sucked. Changed them out and the ride was night and day difference. For about $200 more you could get a set of Fox from Ron Ayer’s and be in good shape. (I did it and it was well worth the cost)

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I was browsing the world wide web today and stumbled upon this: Rough Country Vertex Shocks for Honda Pioneer!
View attachment 391733

They seemed to be priced fairly and with everyone who has claimed that the original M1 shocks work well and not a bad option for those who do not want to spend $2k....This new option from RC seems to be a nice middle ground....

I will be interested to see if anyone gets these as I am interested in trying them out!

I know everyone will say just buy fox, elka, 814, etc....but thoughts?
Someone brought these up on a thread a few weeks ago. They could possibly be good, but for a few more bucks you could go with FOX which IMO would be a better shocks 🤷‍♂️

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes they do!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes they do!

I am kind of a little frustrated.. apparently these shocks do not fit my '21 P1K-3 Deluxe... wondering why not?

Reactions: JenElio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am kind of a little frustrated.. apparently these shocks do not fit my '21 P1K-3 Deluxe... wondering why not?
Different spring rates I believe.
Also, the 3 seater did not come with auto-level rear shocks.
I would hazard a guess these will bolt up fine. You may just need to adjust some of the factory pre load out of them.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Exactly what he said 👇 👍
I would hazard a guess these will bolt up fine. You may just need to adjust some of the factory pre load out of them.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wrote and called them, they don’t have much tech spec on them or spring rates or diameter of shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like mentioned before, they should fit without any issues. If for some freak reason YOUR pioneer is different, they'll take'm back within 30 days..... 👍

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wrote and called them, they don’t have much tech spec on them or spring rates or diameter of shocks.

I believe another member here listed the spring rates.
They received them verbally from an Engineer at a trade show if I recall correctly.
I wouldn't hesitate to order them.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The shocks should all physically fit. The only reason they would be different is the spring rate between a 3 versus 5 seater. Technically you should be able to swap coils on the vertex and M1. It would be nice if rough country could get you the spec. The engineer probably doesn't share that information with the customer service representative.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
VERTEX ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION- is what I called about and for the money 1300 or so. I was hoping for a little more information on them. You can get fox for a 100 more. They are tried and true and a lot of information out there. They have also been around for awhile l know. Me personally just couldn’t take the chance. I am glad to see all the good reviews on the M1 they seem like a great option from Rough Country. I have several of there products on my Jeep. Not knocking them, just not enough information for me to pull the trigger on them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!