P1000 Rough Country Shocks

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These shocks and springs appear hefty and the finish looks good. The shafts are large and hard chromed. Shock bodies larger than stock and are bright zinc plated steel. Springs are nicely powder coated black. RC reports that the spring rates are as follows: 250lbs per Inch on Front and 275lbs per Inch on the Rear. Threaded adjustment collars are provided for ample preload adjustment. According to RC, the damping is accomplished using bending shim washer stacks, which is a premium feature. No adjustment for Compression or Rebound are provided, but none was expected at this price point. Both ends of the shocks feature OEM style bushings. All stock hardware is reused.
I found this in the thread as far as RC spring rates, in comparison to the Fox’s, the RC rear springs are lighter by 25lbs.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wound up adding more preload to the rear shocks, so now as it sits; the front preload is at 1-1/2” and the rear’s are at 1-3/4”.
IMG 9563
IMG 9562
My skid plate ground clearance is roughly 12-1/2 to 13 inches. My rear buggy height is now 78-7/8” which is ok, because the pull down screen in my ToyHauler measures 79” from the floor.
IMG 6477

As the shocks break in and settle, I might add more preload to 2” of thread showing.
I’ll keep y’all updated after my next few rides.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wound up adding more preload to the rear shocks, so now as it sits; the front preload is at 1-1/2” and the rear’s are at 1-3/4”. View attachment 410824View attachment 410823My skid plate ground clearance is roughly 12-1/2 to 13 inches. My rear buggy height is now 78-7/8” which is ok, because the pull down screen in my ToyHauler measures 79” from the floor. View attachment 410822
As the shocks break in and settle, I might add more preload to 2” of thread showing.
I’ll keep y’all updated after my next few rides.
Looks good so far! But Looks like you gonna need a chop top if u ever buy some aftermarket arms tho

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know, ha. I was looking at a-arms too but they all move the wheels forward and back to accommodate bigger tires.
And arch for clearance to help get your lift (we preload but not to over do it) without brackets. Moving forward and back isnt as drastic as it sounds. They also fix that camber issue you have in the rear and the front with the stock arms. With these adjustments, they aid in the not rubbing aspect. There will come a day you will want a little bigger tire. We all say no were good, but its inevitable;)

This is mine with arms, 30’s and a 4-1/2” chop top, fox shocks with upgraded springs. Just right
63762179888  9BF13CE8 C6CB 408A 8E91 A80AF1014ACD

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wound up adding more preload to the rear shocks, so now as it sits; the front preload is at 1-1/2” and the rear’s are at 1-3/4”. View attachment 410824View attachment 410823My skid plate ground clearance is roughly 12-1/2 to 13 inches. My rear buggy height is now 78-7/8” which is ok, because the pull down screen in my ToyHauler measures 79” from the floor. View attachment 410822
I’ll keep y’all updated after my next few rides
What kind of Toy hauler is that, looks good 👍

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of Toy hauler is that, looks good 👍
Thank you, it’s an older 2013 Work and Play wpt30wrs. It’s a tight fit with the Pioneer, but it does the job! It met all of “The Requirements” from the FL_CrackerWife. Haha, and it was in our budget [that was the main reason we got it]
IMG 7174

IMG 7269

IMG 6209

IMG 6206

IMG 6203

I would’ve loved a longer garage, but we make this one work. (For now) I’m worried if I add arched a-arms that extend the wheelbase 3” I may not fit it on the garage.
But ol stocky is doing just fine…… For now! lol.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you, it’s an older 2013 Work and Play wpt30wrs. It’s a tight fit with the Pioneer, but it does the job! It met all of “The Requirements” from the FL_CrackerWife. Haha, and it was in our budget [that was the main reason we got it]View attachment 410914
View attachment 410919
View attachment 410915

View attachment 410917
View attachment 410918
I would’ve loved a longer garage, but we make this one work. (For now) I’m worried if I add arched a-arms that extend the wheelbase 3” I may not fit it on the garage.
But ol stocky is doing just fine…… For now! lol.
That's awesome man!! Nice set up 👍

How tight is it at the rear? 😬🤦‍♂️(NoMo!!!!)😂😂😂......and yeah, you could definitely use a chopped top 😉 too easy not to do 👍

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's awesome man!! Nice set up 👍

How tight is it at the rear? 😬🤦‍♂️(NoMo!!!!)😂😂😂......and yeah, you could definitely use a chopped top 😉 too easy not to do 👍
Thank you, it’s been a work in progress. There is about 2 inches from the back of the buggy to the ramp door when it’s closed.
We might look into having to top lowered, how well do y’all fit in there with the chopped tops? The reason I ask, is I’m 6’3” and my wife is 6’.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you, it’s been a work in progress. There is about 2 inches from the back of the buggy to the ramp door when it’s closed.
We might look into having to top lowered, how well do y’all fit in there with the chopped tops? The reason I ask, is I’m 6’3” and my wife is 6’.
6'3" I can't speak for, cause I'm only 5'7" sooooo 🤷‍♂️😂 but I know some of these guys that have chopped tops are 6'+/- and no issues. You can chop as much/little as you need, I did 4, 4.5, and 5 front to back. This is my 6'2" brother-in-law driving, plenty of head room in my opinion
Resized 20210715 1153422

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I are interested in a new shock option for our 1000-5, but don’t want to break the bank. How are the RC Shocks still working out for you?
We mostly ride sugar sand trails in central Florida and an annual trip to RRB and the surrounding areas.
Dang I apologize for not being any help whatsoever! I have not been on here for quite a while, life has been throwing me curveballs since the beginning of July! I managed to put the bat on all of them but was at a 0 and 2 count with 2 strikes for each and every one. Anyway, I really like the Rough Country M1 shocks. They are 10 times better than stock and way more affordable than the other brands. There was no way I was going to spend more on shocks for the buggy than it would cost to put new shocks on my pickup, semi truck and semi trailer all combined. I'm still very happy with the shocks and the route I went.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dang I apologize for not being any help whatsoever! I have not been on here for quite a while, life has been throwing me curveballs since the beginning of July! I managed to put the bat on all of them but was at a 0 and 2 count with 2 strikes for each and every one. Anyway, I really like the Rough Country M1 shocks. They are 10 times better than stock and way more affordable than the other brands. There was no way I was going to spend more on shocks for the buggy than it would cost to put new shocks on my pickup, semi truck and semi trailer all combined. I'm still very happy with the shocks and the route I went.
Thanks for the update, sorry about your troubles. Check in with the NTC when you have time!

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok y’all, I just got back from my New Year’s ride with @Tramguage1 and @knuckledeep.
We covered 140 miles in 4 days, in the Ocala National Forest, and the M1 shocks did not disappoint! I wound up tightening the rear preload to 3” of thread showing under the upper spanner nut. I wound up using every bit of shock available! While it still rides like a pioneer, we were able to ride more comfortably without the bracket lift and the shocks soaked up the washboard bumps (I was able to run at a speed of 22-25), however I had to slow waaaaay down when it came to the whoops (14-15mph). I’ll be keeping the M1 shocks.
IMG 9914
IMG 9897

I have a video but don’t know how to upload it haha.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!