P1000 Rough Country Shocks

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn't wrap my head around spending more for shocks for my buggy than my semi truck and trailer and pickup truck combined so I decided to give the Rough Country shocks a try and couldn't be happier with them. $750 for all 4 and they arrived at my house 2 days after ordering them. The ride is night and day different from stock. I don't know how they compare with Fox, Walkers, or 814 but the are less than half the price and a tremendous upgrade from stock. The pics are with all changed except passenger front to show the lift they added. Screenshot 20230627 234146 GalleryScreenshot 20230627 234341 GalleryScreenshot 20230627 234356 GalleryScreenshot 20230627 234401 GalleryScreenshot 20230627 234436 GalleryScreenshot 20230627 234448 GalleryHad to ad the rock lights while I was working on it also!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Couldn't wrap my head around spending more for shocks for my buggy than my semi truck and trailer and pickup truck combined so I decided to give the Rough Country shocks a try and couldn't be happier with them. $750 for all 4

That's for sure! Ordered the TTC 6" long travel kit 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to get that on it!
The Fox QS3 shocks are $700 more than the RC shocks were and that's too much to spend, but the TCC 6" long travel kit *starts* at $2,200 not including all new (extended) axles you have to buy to work with the TCC kit. I must be missing something.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Fox QS3 shocks are $700 more than the RC shocks were and that's too much to spend, but the TCC 6" long travel kit *starts* at $2,200 not including all new (extended) axles you have to buy to work with the TCC kit. I must be missing something.
Well my stock shocks were wore out and needed replaced and I wasn't going to spend the money they wanted for OEM shocks. Now if Fox is making a shock set that is going to lift my machine 6 inches plus widen my stance 10" and lengthen my wheel base 8" to 9" then I'm all in. Plus everyone I have talked to has told me a buggy with the TTC long travel kit on stock shocks rides better than a machine on stock arms and Fox shocks!

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just curious why you would spend several thousand on the long kit and axles but skimp on the shocks.

Interested to see how things work out. Thx.
I will definitely let you know how it turns out. I haven't seen a set of Fox shocks for less than $1700 bucks anywhere so that $1000 savings bought the Rhino 2.0 extended axles for the long kit. Plus honestly I don't feel that I skimped, I have a RC lift, shocks and steering stabilizer on my old CJ5 Jeep that has been on there for years with no issues and also have had several different pickup trucks over the years with RC lifts and have never had a problem with any of their products yet. With that being said I know that everyone has their own thoughts and preference for setup for their applications and after lots of nights researching and reading reviews I felt that this was the way to go.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am glad they make something that doesn’t break the bank and they over adjustability. Been seeing a lot of good reviews on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep same here, and I haven't read a bad review yet. The only review I've seen that someone had a problem with them was a guy had the mounting eye break off one shock. He contacted RC customer service and they had a new set at his door in 2 days so now he has a spare. Think I seen that on Spacebook!

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get what you want SeaBass. Post some pics when it’s installed.
Well that's kinda exactly what I did! Lol! I wanted the RC shocks, not the Fox's so I got the RC shocks and couldn't be happier! And I wanted the TTC long travel kit because I want the wider, longer stance so that is what I bought. And I will post plenty of pictures once I get the long travel kit from TTC and get it installed. I did the 2 bolt upper front mount upgrade so I will try to get some pictures of the install as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!