P1000 Rough Country Shocks

GetRealLV

GetRealLV

This is not about the alchohol or tobacco?
Supporting Member
Jul 16, 2023
Boulder City, NV
Ownership

1. 700-4
Interesting read. I have a riding buddy that has the 2016 1000-5 Deluxe. He is considering the Elka Stage 2, but is apprehensive about giving up the self leveling factory rear shocks. Anyone know if this is a valid concern?

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting read. I have a riding buddy that has the 2016 1000-5 Deluxe. He is considering the Elka Stage 2, but is apprehensive about giving up the self leveling factory rear shocks. Anyone know if this is a valid concern?
I have the fox shocks with swapped coils and love them. I do not miss the leveling feature. The heaviest I carry is with 2 passengers in the rear. Otherwise at home it's alot of bulk stuff that doesn't weigh as much as 2 people in the bed.

Reactions: ChadD and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Went to the Fox QS3 adjustables (and swapped out the springs with linear rate springs) on my '21 1000-5 Deluxe and don't regret it. I don't haul 1000# around the property, so not an issue. Much better on the trails, though.

Last edited:
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem, and yep, I really like them.
My wife and I are interested in a new shock option for our 1000-5, but don’t want to break the bank. How are the RC Shocks still working out for you?
We mostly ride sugar sand trails in central Florida and an annual trip to RRB and the surrounding areas.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After researching y’all’s posts, and hearing good reviews I bit the bullet and ordered a set of the M1 Rough Country Shocks on Friday, I’m expecting to see them on Tuesday. I will post a review after installation and a ride.
Anything has to be better than OEM!
We had the Fox’s on our old 1000-3 and didn’t see a noticeable difference.
I know these are not Fox, WE or 814’s, but for the money, I’m hoping they help with the kind of riding we do.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anything has to be better than OEM!
Thats the truth!
We had the Fox’s on our old 1000-3 and didn’t see a noticeable difference.
I find that hard to believe?
I noticed a marked improvement over stock. The Badger in my passenger seat simmered down too! Huge bonus and u know they were good then 🤣 Did u add preload or leave them the way they came? Pre load makes a difference also. When i upgraded springs it made a huge difference in ride.
Maybe u got a set that was out of Nitro possibly? Should have noticed a big improvement over stock.

advertisement
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats the truth!

I find that hard to believe?
I noticed a marked improvement over stock. The Badger in my passenger seat simmered down too! Huge bonus and u know they were good then 🤣 Did u add preload or leave them the way they came? Pre load makes a difference also. When i upgraded springs it made a huge difference in ride.
Maybe u got a set that was out of Nitro possibly? Should have noticed a big improvement over stock.
I had a Base model 1000-3 with the highlifter bracket lift. I’m not sure why they didn’t show a difference, I treated that machine like a rzr, pushing its limits, and having fun with it. I added a little preload, but nothing too radical. I wound up selling them when I sold the machine to trade up into the 1000-5 deluxe.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a Base model 1000-3 with the highlifter bracket lift. I’m not sure why they didn’t show a difference, I treated that machine like a rzr, pushing its limits, and having fun with it. I added a little preload, but nothing too radical. I wound up selling them when I sold the machine to trade up into the 1000-5 deluxe.
Cuz bracket lift. That's why you didn't notice a difference in the shocks

• Wow
Reactions: FL_CrackerLife
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cuz bracket lift. That's why you didn't notice a difference in the shocks

That being said, If I take the lift off my 1000-5 it’d probably ride a lot better with the stock shocks. I do like the extra clearance given though. Although, in Tennessee I got stuck a few times following @Hondasxs! I probably didn’t hit it hard enough.

Does the bracket lift affect the suspension that much?

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
And then some, bracket lifts are one of the worst things you can do to a P1K in my opinion. It phucks with the suspension geometry and stiffens the ride way too much.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That being said, If I take the lift off my 1000-5 it’d probably ride a lot better with the stock shocks. I do like the extra clearance given though. Although, in Tennessee I got stuck a few times following @Hondasxs! I probably didn’t hit it hard enough.

Yea they do

Reactions: FL_CrackerLife
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I now have something to do today!

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, it looks squatty now, haha. Got the bracket lift off, now waiting for the new shocks to arrive. I lost about 2” of clearance. It was sitting high at 15” at the passenger side skid plate. Now it’s just under 13”.
IMG 9493
IMG 9494

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, it looks squatty now, haha. Got the bracket lift off, now waiting for the new shocks to arrive. I lost about 2” of clearance. It was sitting high at 15” at the passenger side skid plate. Now it’s just under 13”. View attachment 410332View attachment 410333
Mine is stock height, on 28’s with Fox Shocks. It’s taken me everywhere I have wanted to go and the ride is pretty good for what it is. Gotta know your limitations and accept what you got!
IMG 7024
IMG 6998

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!