Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok y’all, I just got back from my New Year’s ride with @Tramguage1 and @knuckledeep.
We covered 140 miles in 4 days, in the Ocala National Forest, and the M1 shocks did not disappoint! I wound up tightening the rear preload to 3” of thread showing under the upper spanner nut. I wound up using every bit of shock available! While it still rides like a pioneer, we were able to ride more comfortably without the bracket lift and the shocks soaked up the washboard bumps (I was able to run at a speed of 22-25), however I had to slow waaaaay down when it came to the whoops (14-15mph). I’ll be keeping the M1 shocks. View attachment 413554View attachment 413555
I have a video but don’t know how to upload it haha.
I like mine too. Haven’t made any measurements yet but for the money they work great for me. Nice pics of your ride!

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like mine too. Haven’t made any measurements yet but for the money they work great for me. Nice pics of your ride!
Thank you. Since I carry that BCF cooler rack with the spare tire I’ll probably add another 1/4 or 1/2” to the preload. But for now, it’s perfect with the cooler full.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you. Since I carry that BCF cooler rack with the spare tire I’ll probably add another 1/4 or 1/2” to the preload. But for now, it’s perfect with the cooler full.
I’ll probably end up adding some preload to the rear shocks as I have only had feed in the rear and it only rides a short distance.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2 inches of preload seem to be a good starting point for most rigs, i started at 2 inches of threads below the locking ring on the front and 1 3/4 on the rear, rear was to soft with tool box in the bed and spare tire and gas can rack hanging on the back so went to 2" on the rear also. Seems better but have to put a few more miles on it to be sure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!