Has anyone removed OEM seat belt retractors?

VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
First post, so here goes. I'm attempting to install Pro-Armour 4-point harnesses in my new 1000X. I would like to remove the OEM seat belt retractors but I just don't see any simple way to get to the bolts. I guess I'll just zip tie them up tight and stuff them in the pockets where the retractors live. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
Well I get to answer my own question. After further inspection, a look at the parts book, and removing some push pins around the little box in the wheel well, I was able to extract the bolt and get the seat belt out of there. Now that I know how to do this, the next one should go a lot quicker.

Reactions: Iowamike

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!