P500 Hauling P5 in back of truck Question

32bantam

32bantam

Feb 15, 2016
Staunton IL
Thanks jrc. My new 500 is arriving in a couple of weeks and I have to figure out a way I can transport it using a rented pickup truck as my car can't tow it.
Is your car capable of pulling a small trailer?

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
No. It's got a limit of 1000 lbs plus it's a hybrid, so they don't recommend towing anything.
Interestingly enough, the guy from Enterprise told me you are not supposed to tow anything with their trucks either

Reactions: 32bantam
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No. It's got a limit of 1000 lbs plus it's a hybrid, so they don't recommend towing anything.
Interestingly enough, the guy from Enterprise told me you are not supposed to tow anything with their trucks either
You can rent a very adequate truck from Home Depot, flat bed with side walls for $19.95 a day, and deliver the wood to your house for that deck you've been wanting to build at the same time. Box trucks, as suggested by another is a suitable option, but they're very pricy.

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for all the Feedback guys. I pulled the trigger this weekend and ended up renting a Enterprise truck. I needed the unlimited mileage. I rented a Ford F-150. E9f0380ad90082cbeef06b996af6a8baSo far so good; eventually I'll have to find a long term solution, but for now I'm going to see if I can store it near a trail head in Vermont somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Rule #1 Never buy an off road toy that can tow more than your primary vehicle. :)

Dealership, "Uh no sir as a matter of fact we don't have a Class II hitch to fit a Prius. Sir, have you ever thought of just towing your car with your Pioneer it already has the class II hitch." LMAO

E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
@Edog where in vt do you ride
Right now I'm waiting for the mud season to end on 5/28, then I hope to start exploring the VAST trail, starting from around Brattleboro.

advertisement
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
ill have to check that out Brattleboro isn't that far from me

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!