P500 Have you seen this video? Reminds me pre-election debates, except just one site bash with sh..t

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think design from polaris (easy access to the engine, suspension, etc) and reliability from Honda, would be ideal machine.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I remember...going with my Dad to
Honda...when Lawn Mower or
Chainsaw needed service or fixed
....when a handshake meant....
something....no $ ever paid.....
YEAH....DIFFERENT WORLD
NOW DAYS....

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am checking out Polaris accessories for Ranger 500, very impressive and easy to install, I think I will get few ideas and do something this winter for Pioneer 500

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What caught my attention was the moron tying the buckets on the rear of the P5...
would never put him in charge of the riggin. :)
Hey Trigger
the guy rigging the
buckets...was the
same guy....that ok,d.
The front shocks on
the p5
hahahaha

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Some points, like cab, shocks make sense especially for 500. I think after market guys just turned their attention to more profit P1000 accessories , but that strategyw will work for short time, I think more thoughtful will be to cover all Honda lines and create competition to drive prices down.
I really want good full cab for my P500.
Everything cost more
& HAS MORE PLASTIC

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Guys, just wanted to give my two cents on this one! P5 is a 50" machine and the Ranger 500 is not! The Ranger 1000 Crew should have been racing the P1000 because it is a different class of machine that seats 5 to the 3 of the Ranger or 6 for the Crew! My point is this! Polaris is paying attention to some of the challenges/Issues of Hondas SXS Line...storage, shocks, speed, etc... , but haven't compared Reliability! Lets make a video where we have the P5 and the Ranger 500 pull against one another in a tug of war! My moneys on the P5. I'm also willing to bet that Honda's SXS are still quieter! Nice try POPO, but I'm not bitting...call me when you need a pull;)

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys, just wanted to give my two cents on this one! P5 is a 50" machine and the Ranger 500 is not! The Ranger 1000 Crew should have been racing the P1000 because it is a different class of machine that seats 5 to the 3 of the Ranger or 6 for the Crew! My point is this! Polaris is paying attention to some of the challenges/Issues of Hondas SXS Line...storage, shocks, speed, etc... , but haven't compared Reliability! Lets make a video where we have the P5 and the Ranger 500 pull against one another in a tug of war! My moneys on the P5. I'm also willing to bet that Honda's SXS are still quieter! Nice try POPO, but I'm not bitting...call me when you need a pull;)

Same thing. I will deviate from Honda and Polaris.We were sitting in the lounge at the lunch time and few guys where showing off their iphone 6 and I guess its a matter of prestige also , but I offered them a 100$ bet if they throw their phones against the wall they would shed their screens at least, compare to my Motorola Razr at that time. :) . No one argued. I knew all the superiority effect will disappear right away once we compare durability.

I got iphone 6 as a present later from my Asian friend, again I didnt get it but it was again about cool factor that her vision was that I need to have a phone that would match my income/society status. A month later I ran over it with my honda crv, I just have this bad habit to put phone on the roof when I get gas, I had to pay 100$ to fix screen and case and I sold it on ebay and never gonna come back. Bought Motorola Droid Maxx and not afraid to drop it or go hunting and flex it or something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'd say they are worried... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Ditto! Why waste $$ marketing against a specific competitor unless they are getting into your market share.

Honda should do one, this is all of our Pioneers that have caught fire vs. these are all the Polaris RZRs that have caught fire. lol

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
With all the video experts on this forum (@drfubar) (@joeymt33) (@Delton) (@CumminsPusher), etc... I'm thinking we should do some comparison videos comparing them! We can be serious or we can be humorous! @Hondasxs what do you think...possible ROTMo_O

advertisement
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Well, put 30's on it and do the same tests, I dont think the results would be the same. Seriously tho, if that 500 popo was priced like the p5, and had been out when I was shopping I would have have given it serious consideration. I am getting to dislike the suspension shortcomings and lack of a locker.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
With all the video experts on this forum (@drfubar) (@joeymt33) (@Delton) (@CumminsPusher), etc... I'm thinking we should do some comparison videos comparing them! We can be serious or we can be humorous! @Hondasxs what do you think...possible ROTMo_O
I think... I wished I had time.

Needs to be humorous.
- For safety reasons we have installed fire extinguishers before starting our proven, independent test.. camera pans to the Polaris with 8 installed all over the ROPS.

- Polaris 500 following the Pioneer 500. cut down some 50" trails, few seconds later.. stop and turn around... as you can see, that Polaris 500 just isn't a trail machine. Video shows it taking the road.

- Hill decent. Pioneer crawling down slowley in 1st gear. Polaris flying down uncontrollably.

- Pioneer 1000 and Polaris 1000 going down the trail, Oh no dead end. Now we must turn around. Polaris tries but cant, slips off side of trail and gets stuck. Pioneer rescue it.

My favorite
- Polaris crosses a creek and belt starts to slip. Pioneer pulls it out.

Final shot.
- Pioneer is the clear winner in this heated debate.. in the background Polaris on fire burning to the ground.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll flat out push my Pioneer to new limits. I know what it can do before it were to break because we've been at all limits. Regardless of any of that crap I beg for someone on a Polaris to take a side by side challenge with me!i know the differences and what the pioneer is capable of. I've got about half a dozen things that it will fail from. Sorry for always being such a hater but I'm so sick of those pieces of s*** fire hazards. Including ours I've only seen three Pioneers around it's that Polaris dominated around here but I've NEVER seen one when we are deep at night. Ever. One of three things..they can't make it,the driver can't or is afraid of breaking down, you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Great idea

Reactions: CumminsPusher
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dude....do it.
I'm sure the honda does
better than PoPo...in alot
of things...That video,showed
Polaris. ..got better on advertising
...Honda needs to drop the
bigfoot Advertising & make a
loyal move...to loyal customers

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Both 500
in same class
3"wider...doesn't change that

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Here ya go.
guess Canadian Honda
riders are more loyal
than us....they got new
shocks...we didnt....FACT
I got mine for the look &
the size....&
price...
There's not a machine
out there that is the best
in all aspects. ....FACT

Reactions: CumminsPusher
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I know this....competitors are
Making there machines
better...look wat Honda did
with the "17" p500..not much
I'm just being honest..if you guys
got pissed.....so be it
I would love to see a video
showing the good things
Honda machines do. ......
ISN'T THAT SOMETHING
HONDA SHOULD DO?..........
ADVERTISING IS PART OF
THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR
MACHINE.....JUST SAYIN

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Am I proud of my
Honda p5..Hell yeah
...but its wat ive done
with it....more than....
being a Honda....
BUY A HONDA....&
BE SEEN BY A BIGFOOT
FAMILY.....

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From conversation with my colleague, he bought Polaris bc of good line of accessories.
Another old lady with hip fracture who is very stubborn to continue to ride atv, and her family asked me to convince her to switch to sxs , would not buy Honda sxs bc of WWII , so nothing for her made by Japanese.

I guess everyone has different reasons. Every company's sxs has its own buyer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!