P500 Have you seen this video? Reminds me pre-election debates, except just one site bash with sh..t

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The difference in both machines
was obvious. ...Honda ain't wat is
was....in quality. ...& customer service
....the front shocks on p5 sold out the
door...proves my point......
Honda loyals....feeling the Bern
it's kool dude...
You need to read my post first then post please .

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I read your post. ..
you got a 1000
so your beef is
you can drive over logs
& they cant.....mmmmm
No read it again I did not say that . .

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I read your post. ..
you got a 1000
so your beef is
you can drive over logs
& they cant.....mmmmm
No read it again I did not say that . .
I read it....
Your in denial. ....
this thread is...
the comparison video....
PoPo....knows advertising
better than Honda...
it was on the video....
read into it...wat you want..
CLEVER OF POPO ADVERTISING
DEPARTMENT.
AND I'M THE BIGGEST POPO
HATER...ON SITE

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Buy a honda...
startle a bigfoot
family......

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You know things like this bug me. There were honestly a couple points with both rigs but far and few. I do wish dependability would have been there but let's stick to video.
The 500 is a completely different rig actually anyway built for different reasons and at 50 the p5 will go legally places the popo won't. Storage diff lock and suspension are something Honda needs improvement on. I'm surprised the 17 didn't improve on those. I for one am still looking at the p5 and won't let a smear campaign get in the way of the important things I do like about that vehicle.
Now a vehicle I have owned and can more readily compare the p1k
First of all power isn't anything without traction and more importantly controllable traction! P1k kills in this department nothing compares! That stupid ass video shows only ignorance in this department!! When you select diff nothing moves separately. I've said this with even some criticism at times but every wheel moves exactly the same. The front wheels don't play catch up to the rears. They lock the hell up when locked you see exactly how controllable the Pioneer actually is. Barely grunts at the ramps where the popo is all over the place even coming down the popo is slipping where the engine breaking is doing all the work of getting the Pioneer down. If you can't use a transfer case lever then you shouldn't be driving a 2000 pound vehicle off road imo! Less problems anyway and your in 1-2-3-4 wheel drive your discretion! I do not stop to switch modes I'll ease up a bit exactly like an old truck switch and then go that's it! As long as you're not slipping there is no harm at all. High speeds I'll shift as well but they go off recommendations for the video so whatever! They compare the 3 seat on acceleration to the 5! Dumb! Then compare the short wheelbase Pioneer to the long popo for comfort? Does it magically extend? That extended version especially WILL NOT GO INTO THE HEAVY TRAILS!! Won't! But I guess if you need a limo for the farm and dirt roads there you go. The load levelers are incredible and make great output for the overall convertible part. Short heavy duty controllable. I ride in the back often and considering the sized the vehicle I'm happy. The factory glass windshield on mine has NEVER leaked like that. The front cab does seal up pretty good on the Pioneer. The back well...they got us there! The fact you can't haul things in a Pioneer without smelling it? For one word lame! First of all ...mid panels! And if you can't handle what you're hauling you wouldn't have been able to load it.
Seat adjustment would be nice I'll give that as well.
Overall I'd LOVE to see a tog o war! Let's do it! Let's compare going through the woods or pulling a trailer full of wood or going up/downhill in mud or rock crawling or rear loaded with wood "all the way" not just a couple big logs or dragging one back or side hill in slippery or even running through the woods without brakes(which I had to because of punctured line) we still drove it the whole weekend and not stupid dirt roads I mean drove it, not possible on popo(no engine braking) let's compare!
American??? Both assembled here our motor/trans from Japan popo is Mexico...ya let's compare!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I go by wat I seen in video
read into it...wat ever ya
want....
CLEVER ADVERTISING
I will post lots of vids
this coming yr...moving
back to 4corners...there's
A place everyone goes to
ride...in the wash...rock crawl
....Lot's of brands & models
stay tuned...........
ps.....there are those who will
deny...not accept. ..it's kool
Honda makes these machines
to make $....period.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I've started the VIDEO WAR :), POLARIS vs HONDA

Cant resist to quote from my favorite Fallout sequel game :

War. War never changes.
Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.
In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation.
But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world – but war, war never changes.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Both 500
in same class
3"wider...doesn't change that
It does if you are riding 50 inch trails! You have to compare apples to apples or you might as well add the Honda Foreman 500 because it's the same class! I'm just saying...if I'm shopping for a 50 inch machine the Polaris ranger 500 will not be considered!o_O

advertisement
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Honestly, Honda needs to listen.
At a $7k price point, its not a big deal in picking Honda.
At $8k there is NO excuse as to why there isn't a front locker and tilt wheel.
At $9k it should have a better suspension, front locker, tilt and options for a NICE cab enclosure.
You can't sit on your hands and rely on your past reputation especially when you are competing against a moving target. Yes, Honda, you are competing aren't you?

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
At $9k it should have a better suspension, front locker, tilt and options for a NICE cab enclosure.
You can't sit on your hands and rely on your past reputation especially when you are competing against a moving target. Yes, Honda, you are competing aren't you?
Besides, accessories are where the big money is. Sell quality parts second to none.

Reactions: solrus
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It does if you are riding 50 inch trails! You have to compare apples to apples or you might as well add the Honda Foreman 500 because it's the same class! I'm just saying...if I'm shopping for a 50 inch machine the Polaris ranger 500 will not be considered!o_O
It's wider ( stock ).....
I've experienced on my P5
everything they showed in
video..
2 major difference I see. ..
it's 8"wider than p5
&
holds 9 gals of fuel
would I trade....
HELL NO

Reactions: Eltobgi
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can we deliver our concerns to Honda big fishes? I'm not sure if our forum admins have direct way of communicating with Honda

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll agree with most of that. Dependability is a big thing though. Quality metals and tolerances of the motors goes a long ways with me. I'd rather a better built vehicle then a few comforts. However locker and shocks...yes please

Reactions: Shadesmn and rocmar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can we deliver our concerns to Honda big fishes? I'm not sure if our forum admins have direct way of communicating with Honda
Not needed from my past experience I can say they see everything I assure you that!

Last edited:
Reactions: lee
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'll agree with most of that. Dependability is a big thing though. Quality metals and tolerances of the motors goes a long ways with me. I'd rather a better built vehicle then a few comforts. However locker and shocks...yes please
If you haven't owned a
honda...then reliability
not in the sale...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you haven't owned a
honda...then reliability
not in the sale...
That may be true to a degree but even ignorance knows Honda is good. New people may just not know Polaris isn't as good but they will rave about their Honda lawnmower or generator or wife's Accord. Then you have the dealers saying how much better popo are- of course they do because the get more kick back, more service more cost of that service and the chance to do it all over again much sooner.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ranger 500 SxS
has no tranny brake
......so every down
hill ride..Is squirrely
ride the brake...

Last edited:
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Dependability is huge but when I show my wife the SxS from Honda and compare them to others....
My wife says stuff like "that would be an easy add on" or "why would they not improve that when they are increasing the price?" I have to wonder why I can't get a front locker and a better shocks for that price increase. At least an option to pay an additional $250 for better shocks when purchasing. Are you listening Honda? You are killing my chances to EVER purchase one if you keep jacking up the price without improving your product. It has to be wife approved! Lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!