P500 Have you seen this video? Reminds me pre-election debates, except just one site bash with sh..t

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That may be true to a degree but even ignorance knows Honda is good. New people may just not know Polaris isn't as good. Then you have the dealers saying how much better popo are- of course they do because the get more kick back, more service more cost of that service and the chance to do it all over again much sooner.
It's 6,s.....
Honda's got there
work...cut out for
them...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dependability is huge but when I show my wife the SxS from Honda and compare them to others....
My wife says stuff like "that would be an easy add on" or "why would they not improve that when they are increasing the price?" I have to wonder why I can't get a front locker and a better shocks for that price increase. At least an option to pay an additional $250 for better shocks when purchasing. Are you listening Honda? You are killing my chances to EVER purchase one if you keep jacking up the price without improving your product. It has to be wife approved! Lol.
Honda makes $....
It's obvious it's about
the $ not...you the
customer

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So...out riding when ya see
a broke down "17"PoPo...
...he walks back to get help
.....STEAL HIS GAS....CAUSE
YOUR ALMOST EMPTY...
HAHAHA HAHAHA

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dependability is huge but when I show my wife the SxS from Honda and compare them to others....
My wife says stuff like "that would be an easy add on" or "why would they not improve that when they are increasing the price?" I have to wonder why I can't get a front locker and a better shocks for that price increase. At least an option to pay an additional $250 for better shocks when purchasing. Are you listening Honda? You are killing my chances to EVER purchase one if you keep jacking up the price without improving your product. It has to be wife approved! Lol.
Again I agree with you and most people are like that. They need to get better to broaden market sales. However my wife is very seasoned at what we do and if I were to ever tell her we were looking at getting another Polaris she would lock the account on my ass and leave me. Wife approved in my house means Honda ONLY!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So...out riding when ya see
a broke down "17"PoPo...
...he walks back to get help
.....STEAL HIS GAS....CAUSE
YOUR ALMOST EMPTY...
HAHAHA HAHAHA
@rocmar that...might just...be the....damn funniest thing you've ever said! Lmmfoa!!

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Again I agree with you and most people are like that. They need to get better to broaden market sales. However my wife is very seasoned at what we do and if I were to ever tell her we were looking at getting another Polaris she would lock the account on my ass and leave me. Wife approved in my house means

They ain't wat they use to be
...in any aspect

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Again I agree with you and most people are like that. They need to get better to broaden market sales. However my wife is very seasoned at what we do and if I were to ever tell her we were looking at getting another Polaris she would lock the account on my ass and leave me. Wife approved in my house means Honda ONLY!
I've got an 09' Polaris Ranger I'll sell you, just kidding CP, it's a keeper.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Opened youtube this morning and saw a suggested videos P500 vs Ranger 500 and later bigger brothers comparison.

Does it mean that Popo got sales hit drop? So now they started this sh..ty comparison TV campaign?

Check it out:

1. Polaris RANGER 500 vs. Honda Pioneer 500 - Polaris Off Road Vehicles

2. Polaris RANGER XP 1000 vs. Honda Pioneer 1000 - Polaris Off Road Vehicles

Lol. Smh. At least compare 3 seater to 3 seater and 5 seater to.....well...six seater. Missing the fact of the versatility of the Honda's 5 seater compared to a full blown extended machine. Along with all the other bias s#*t. Not saying Honda is perfect but if companies do the comparisons they should use a independent. Lol

Reactions: joeymt33
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I agree.... Why not make it similar to buying a truck? You want a front locker? Add $400 Upgraded shocks? Add $500

They already do that with the Honda accessories... But why not add real "options"? That way, the base price stays low for the price sensitive, but if you're willing to pay more you can make the machine much more capable. It's a win-win.

I guess it really comes down to the P500 being an "entry level" machine as far as the marketing people are concerned. I believe it was designed and built to a price point, and to expand Honda's side by side line so they can appeal to more people. Now they have a small, medium, and full size - and probably a sport model in the near future.

Unfortunately, I think Honda is always going to consider the 500 as a model for price sensitive customers and therefore it's never going to get a full line of options, upgrades, addons other than what they already offer. Maybe in a few years they will offer a "deluxe" version that has fancy wheels and stickers or other little things. And even that will be just for a year or two before they discontinue the model.

Reactions: JTW and rocmar
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've got an 09' Polaris Ranger I'll sell you, just kidding CP, it's a keeper.

Dammit Monte. I'd destroy that in two weeks but you know that. Congratulations on the new HONDA though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol. Smh. At least compare 3 seater to 3 seater and 5 seater to.....well...six seater. Missing the fact of the versatility of the Honda's 5 seater compared to a full blown extended machine. Along with all the other bias s#*t. Not saying Honda is perfect but if companies do the comparisons they should use a independent. Lol
I compare...by engine size...
as same class

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I saw this Bs last week. I love when they tie the buckets to the back of the 500.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will say that I would love to hear from the manufacturer why no locker or suspension improvements even on a option level. I feel the shocks maybe safety related possibly but the locker? Imo even for a 5-600 dollar kit, it would be sold to 75% of the 500's out there. That's what I don't get.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I will say that I would love to hear from the manufacturer why no locker or suspension improvements even on a option level. I feel the shocks maybe safety related possibly but the locker? Imo even for a 5-600 dollar kit, it would be sold to 75% of the 500's out there. That's what I don't get.

Of all the engineers involed in making
the p5....not one said....hey these shocks
SUCK......?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So,,,,,,Guys add a 4ft hose to your
Machine.......lots of free gas out
there...for the taking
hahahaha

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
New PoPo.....comes with
BIGFOOT SUIT. ...theory is
when ya breakdown you
put on this suit....& the....
HONDA'S WILL COME....
yes even one for the
Ladies. ....

06 bigfoot 1 Featured 8 625x352 MV5BMjAzNTk0MDgyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk5MDk4Mg V1 CR025266150 AL UX477 CR00477268 AL Images 18

Reactions: Shadesmn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last edited:
Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's a good idea as long as the suit is fire retardant, they don't have a great track record using flame resistant materials they go up like a marshmallow
That's the new honda commercial
bigfoot rescuing PoPo broke down
....in a p5...the big...bigfoot offers
him a lift....the little bigfoot...as TV flashes
to fuel gauge...says but we need your gas
to make it back....
poke fun of them shelves. ....

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A lot of people have bought polaris over the last few years, they wanted something faster. Well maybe they were but you can only go so fast in the woods unless its a graveled road and even then going to fast could get you or someone else hurt. If you check when a brand puts their unit up to another manufactures unit theirs is always better, (they say). Id rather have a great time out riding enjoying everything and be able to get back than ride a little faster and break down. Check on some other forms and you will see they are always wrenching or replacing parts, sometimes on new machines also check and see how many are up for sale on e-bay. If they were that great you wouldn't see them for sale. I have been riding side by sides since 2008 and had a 09 yamaha rhino. It was a great machine and would run 56 mph. I read a lot and liked the transmission in the Honda 1000-3. I was amazed at the power it had also.To me its much better to have a reliable machine and we all know if anything Honda is that. If you should have a good polaris without having a lot of repairs then your lucky. I have a friend who has a polaris and talks about how great it is, then he tells of all the replacement parts he has replaced.To me the choice was simple Honda or Yamaha,so I went with a reliable Honda. And I must say the quality is better also. If I had wanted super speed and reliability then I would have went with a yamaha 1000. Not trying to upset any one just my 2 ,,cents.

advertisement