P500 Have you seen this video? Reminds me pre-election debates, except just one site bash with sh..t

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The 700 didn't catch fire from all I heard there were only a couple instances of grass smoldering underneath (that's a big difference) and Honda stopped everything and fixed it(big difference) the p700 you've got Monte is incredible we had one and damn! More dependability then the 1000 we couldn't brake it! You're easier on machines I'm sure but you are one lucky man with your popo and I know you know it. Like I said before I'd keep that one for sure!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think PoPo owners should
take there PoPo talk to the
appropriate forum....
Thank you

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Your bulletproof Ranger has always amazed me.... It's like a unicorn. Honestly, I think it's awesome that it's been so good to you and if I had the same experience I, too, would proudly share it here.

Has your Ranger ever seen much mud or riding in wet conditions? It seems that water/mud is a real killer.

I've posted pics before of the pile of discarded parts from my dad's 2014 before, and since then an entire front differential has been added, plus a complete set of internal front diff parts... I'm quite sure his is at the opposite end of the spectrum as yours - a total lemon!

Don't encourage him
we here of his PoPo
enough.....
haha

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The 700 didn't catch fire from all I heard there were only a couple instances of grass smoldering underneath (that's a big difference) and Honda stopped everything and fixed it(big difference) the p700 you've got Monte is incredible we had one and damn! More dependability then the 1000 we couldn't brake it! You're easier on machines I'm sure but you are one lucky man with your popo and I know you know it. Like I said before I'd keep that one for sure!
Yeah I hear ya, I haven't put the time on the P7 yet.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think PoPo owners should
take there PoPo talk to the
appropriate forum....
Thank you
For crying out loud, stop whining.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't wish to get into anything with you CP, but would just point out that Honda neglected safety plates that allowed grass and weed buildup in a location that had excessive heat which led to fire. Whether it's that or a hot wire that burns my SxS down doesn't matter. I'm just glad that Honda recalled thousands of units and corrected it and eliminated a hazard. You're right, I'll probably like the 700, but I have to spend time with it before I can be honest about it. I'm not sure that I'm easier on machines, but that depends on what capacity you speak of. You may well have put yours to greater test on the trail than I have my Polaris, but I almost certainly have put mine to greater test as a work horse, and that's what I bought mine for. So, I'm still smiling about mine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Montecresto you can't honestly be comparing an electrical issue to a heat shield issue...can you?o_O A will agree both can catch fire or the recalls would not exist, but only one could catch fire being operated in conditions such as....driving on blacktop or dirt trails! That's a big difference that I'm sure you will agree with!
One is based on riding environment and the other is not! Like I said being the owner of a 700 I know how much power these machines have when not breaking down, but...under extreme operation they do not hold up! I only say this because I repair these machines all the time and have two waiting on parts right now! With that said I am very happy you have had such great luck with your Polaris:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't wish to get into anything with you CP, but would just point out that Honda neglected safety plates that allowed grass and weed buildup in a location that had excessive heat which led to fire. Whether it's that or a hot wire that burns my SxS down doesn't matter. I'm just glad that Honda recalled thousands of units and corrected it and eliminated a hazard. You're right, I'll probably like the 700, but I have to spend time with it before I can be honest about it. I'm not sure that I'm easier on machines, but that depends on what capacity you speak of. You may well have put yours to greater test on the trail than I have my Polaris, but I almost certainly have put mine to greater test as a work horse, and that's what I bought mine for. So, I'm still smiling about mine. :)
Monte every manufacturer can build a mistake and my honest opinion from that is three fold. How they handle that mistake, how long it takes to admit the mistake, and how many other relevant mistakes there are. Honda did great. The other manufacturer let it go for years till someone died the government stepped in and then they had many more related instances. Now I'm not trying to be insensitive towards that but that's the truth and the differences. For a company to continue building the exact same thing knowing people are getting hurt for years is inexcusable. I have obviously had very bad luck with the brand and everyone I know even people that swear by them do as well. I believe off of the showroom floor they feel like they are a nicer vehicle (sorry for being honest but they are plush) but they are riddled with problems and just do not hold up.
When I talked to my mechanic at the dealership he flat out told me mine could not be rebuilt to factory spec but a Polaris could be rebuilt better and he hated Honda motors because of the close tolerances it was impossible to duplicate. Something coming from Japan as opposed to Mexico. Now even though every company is in it for the money for sure Honda has always done a better job then others at quality control. The 1000 is one of hondas slipping points compared only to the other machines from the same company I will readily admit that but it is light years quality wise from especially the Mexican and Canadian models available here.
From everything I've seen the 700 it is an incredible built vehicle that will hold up and that is all I was saying and congratulating you on was the fact you bought one and I hope you wind up enjoying the machine as much as the ranger that YOU have had very good luck with. I didn't mean for this to turn into another one of those between us but someone cannot tell me differently. Until that company starts to build quality vehicles (which is never on the drawing board) and Honda purposely builds crap (which I hope doesn't happen) I cannot with any bone in my body compare them on a dependability or a quality level. Consumer reports proves differently. Farmers say differently. Hunters say differently. People in remote areas say differently. Resale shows differently. And I say differently. Maybe not the people that want pretty stock stickers and brightly colored large control arms or someone who wants that extra 20hp to make up for their small appendage but everyone else.
Good luck with your machines I really do wish ALL of them years of good use for you I truly wish you no harm and wish you the best of luck with them. I've got no grievances with you i know everyone has an opinion and really try to let that be but I am as Honda as Honda gets and this IS a Honda site that is why I'm here.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto you can't honestly be comparing an electrical issue to a heat shield issue...can you?o_O A will agree both can catch fire or the recalls would not exist, but only one could catch fire being operated in conditions such as....driving on blacktop or dirt trails! That's a big difference that I'm sure you will agree with!
One is based on riding environment and the other is not! Like I said being the owner of a 700 I know how much power these machines have when not breaking down, but...under extreme operation they do not hold up! I only say this because I repair these machines all the time and have two waiting on parts right now! With that said I am very happy you have had such great luck with your Polaris:)
Thanks man, I guess I am too. So much so that when the day comes that I feel the need to replace mine, for the ranch understand, I'll probably get the same product. And no, I'm not making comparisons between the two recalls, I'm simply saying that they both needed to be recalled, and were. Polaris probably doesn't make the part responsible for causing fires on their machine, just like Honda doesn't make the inferior shocks that so many are replacing on the front of their 700's with CanAm shocks. Yeah, Can Am of all things. But here's the deal @Eltobgi, I can't speak for the country, just myself. I love my Polaris, I love my P5 for a trail machine, my Polaris has no comparison on that, and what little bit I've had the P7 on the trail, the P5 is is superior to it. I can't give too much commentary on the P7 yet.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte every manufacturer can build a mistake and my honest opinion from that is three fold. How they handle that mistake, how long it takes to admit the mistake, and how many other relevant mistakes there are. Honda did great. The other manufacturer let it go for years till someone died the government stepped in and then they had many more related instances. Now I'm not trying to be insensitive towards that but that's the truth and the differences. For a company to continue building the exact same thing knowing people are getting hurt for years is inexcusable. I have obviously had very bad luck with the brand and everyone I know even people that swear by them do as well. I believe off of the showroom floor they feel like they are a nicer vehicle (sorry for being honest but they are plush) but they are riddled with problems and just do not hold up.
When I talked to my mechanic at the dealership he flat out told me mine could not be rebuilt to factory spec but a Polaris could be rebuilt better and he hated Honda motors because of the close tolerances it was impossible to duplicate. Something coming from Japan as opposed to Mexico. Now even though every company is in it for the money for sure Honda has always done a better job then others at quality control. The 1000 is one of hondas slipping points compared only to the other machines from the same company I will readily admit that but it is light years quality wise from especially the Mexican and Canadian models available here.
From everything I've seen the 700 it is an incredible built vehicle that will hold up and that is all I was saying and congratulating you on was the fact you bought one and I hope you wind up enjoying the machine as much as the ranger that YOU have had very good luck with. I didn't mean for this to turn into another one of those between us but someone cannot tell me differently. Until that company starts to build quality vehicles (which is never on the drawing board) and Honda purposely builds crap (which I hope doesn't happen) I cannot with any bone in my body compare them on a dependability or a quality level. Consumer reports proves differently. Farmers say differently. Hunters say differently. People in remote areas say differently. Resale shows differently. And I say differently. Maybe not the people that want pretty stock stickers and brightly colored large control arms or someone who wants that extra 20hp to make up for their small appendage but everyone else.
Good luck with your machines I really do wish ALL of them years of good use for you I truly wish you no harm and wish you the best of luck with them. I've got no grievances with you i know everyone has an opinion and really try to let that be but I am as Honda as Honda gets and this IS a Honda site that is why I'm here.
I hear ya CP. I can only speak for the Polaris that I bought and own, and it's great, rugged, tough, has never once failed to start except the time I need a battery, I have replaced the battery but then it is eight years old. And I've done its schedule maintenances. But I appreciate your opinion and assessment of the Polaris brand and if I shared it, I wouldn't own one either. :)

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Going to Dega!? I grew up just up the road from the track. Fun times.

Anyway, you should have brought your pioneer and rode some while here!
Burn ban in effect here, no campfires dotting the land scape. I've never seen the grass brown before!!!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is a thread in which the op produces some side by side comparisons of the Honda and the Polaris, it seems perfectly reasonable to be discussing Polaris on this Honda forum. If not I suppose moderation would have taken the thread down to begin with. ;)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, ok boss, right now.
This is a thread in which the op produces some side by side comparisons of the Honda and the Polaris, it seems perfectly reasonable to be discussing Polaris on this Honda forum. If not I suppose moderation would have taken the thread down to begin with. ;)
You jump very thread....
some how...with your
PoPo...unicorn.
Ive asked you to ignore
me... (push button)
Like I've done.....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll say this though Monte I wouldn't actually believe too many people that claim that kind of luck on a Polaris but I do believe you as a man with integrity that would give an accurate account either way. If you had terrible luck you'd report it and never return to the brand so I've never tried to discredit you because of that. You are the guy with a million mile Jaguar for sure! That's pretty cool actually! im damn curious what kind of miles the 500 & 700 will get you in your hand. You my friend are a magic man!!

Reactions: Eltobgi
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Opened youtube this morning and saw a suggested videos P500 vs Ranger 500 and later bigger brothers comparison.

Does it mean that Popo got sales hit drop? So now they started this sh..ty comparison TV campaign?

Check it out:

2. Polaris RANGER XP 1000 vs. Honda Pioneer 1000 - Polaris Off Road Vehicles

why does Polaris compare to deferent UTV against one pioneer on the 1000 the test should be one on one not two on one so do I have to buy two Polaris to beat the pioneer 1000 it would take to much money for me. Polaris needs to redo there test and get it right.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Read back through post
...Montecresto speaks how
great his PoPo is...on every thread
on here...
speaks more highly of PoPo
than Honda.
he...ain't even had a low tire?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!