Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Stupid crap that happens sometimes! This weekend we were following our friend through some downed trees when all my daughter hit the stops hard and yelled. Then she started flailing around saying something was biting her.
I’m like wtf. Then my arm was on fire and I looked around the cabin and it was filled with wasps. I told her to hit the gas. She proceeded to get of there but we’d stopped at a bad spot and only had three wheel drive and got stuck being high centered over a couple logs. We jumped over each other and I took the wheel. Took a sec to get out but once did I didn’t mess around.
I think our friend had stirred up a nest that we drove through unfortunately. In the end she got 7 stings and I got one.
Actually surprised this hasn’t happened to us before this. Has anyone else had any experiences with nature attacking back?

CASTRATE

CASTRATE

Jun 23, 2019
NE OKLAHOMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190227 182751
20190303 112737
dude with the horizontal horns eff'd me up pretty good in February.....bastard

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stupid crap that happens sometimes! This weekend we were following our friend through some downed trees when all my daughter hit the stops hard and yelled. Then she started flailing around saying something was biting her.
I’m like wtf. Then my arm was on fire and I looked around the cabin and it was filled with wasps. I told her to hit the gas. She proceeded to get of there but we’d stopped at a bad spot and only had three wheel drive and got stuck being high centered over a couple logs. We jumped over each other and I took the wheel. Took a sec to get out but once did I didn’t mess around.
I think our friend had stirred up a nest that we drove through unfortunately. In the end she got 7 stings and I got one.
Actually surprised this hasn’t happened to us before this. Has anyone else had any experiences with nature attacking back?
Ouch that would not be fun at all

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Damn!
View attachment 148558 View attachment 148559 dude with the horizontal horns eff'd me up pretty good in February.....bastard
Mega damn! Think I would have put a few rounds in him.

Back in my 700 days I was in this rugged, narrow canyon called SOB canyon. This is an older faint trail that had fallen into disuse, mainly because it ran straight down a wash and got rearranged every time it rained. Slow progress in other words.
I was sitting there taking a break when I began to hear buzzing. Shortly after, a swarm of bees came up the side of the side of the canyon and passed harmlessly over me, and continued up the side of the mountain.
It wouldn't have been a big deal, but remember that AZ has killer bees...and in this terrain, no way could I have out run them...even if a 700 could out run them!

Kinda makes you think.

CASTRATE

CASTRATE

Jun 23, 2019
NE OKLAHOMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn!

Mega damn! Think I would have put a few rounds in him.

Back in my 700 days I was in this rugged, narrow canyon called SOB canyon. This is an older faint trail that had fallen into disuse, mainly because it ran straight down a wash and got rearranged every time it rained. Slow progress in other words.
I was sitting there taking a break when I began to hear buzzing. Shortly after, a swarm of bees came up the side of the side of the canyon and passed harmlessly over me, and continued up the side of the mountain.
It wouldn't have been a big deal, but remember that AZ has killer bees...and in this terrain, no way could I have out run them...even if a 700 could out run them!

Kinda makes you think.
Was tempted to put a round in him, but he belongs to an old gal who's husband was really good friends with my grandpa. She doesn't have much left anymore, but she does have the cranky bull that loves her, so I didn't shoot. Apparently, he's attacked damn near everyone in the area.....I'm just the only one that actually squared up to him....oops

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was doing some work at my place with an open cab dozer. I hit a nest of ground bees and got a few stings before I knew what was happening. I exited that dozer pdq.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was riding alone in Prentice Cooper TN and got stuck on some rocks. Same thing happened to me...felt a stinging and burning. I was on top of a yellow jacket nest. Those little bastards engulfed the Honda and I jumped out. Luckily they stayed with the Honda or I’d probably be dead. I had left it running when I bailed and that may have been what saved me. I walked several miles home and then drove to walmart where i armed myself with several cans of wasp and hornet killer and a propane insect fogger. I walked back out there in the woods, dark and all my stuff in a back pack.....they were all gone. Not one could be found. Honda was still purring away.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I was cleaning trails in a skid steer, tore open a in ground yellow jackets nest. Took a minute to realize what was happening. Spun loader around and started running away. Pinned one tram lever forward with my knee and covered my face/eyes with that hand. Drove over a half mile back to my truck and luckily most of the YJs didn't follow that far. Went to ER cause I had been stung alot more than a man should be. Drs estimated around 100 stings. Top of my head, both arms, legs, and torso. Luckily I had no reaction. They gave me a couple shots and had me hang out at the ER for a couple hrs. To make sure nothing happened. Needles to say that night the YJs was no more.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Large wet moose or bear poo

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
While Benadryl is good for mild reactions.. it doesn’t kick in fast enough if someone is stung multiple times and is going into anaphylaxis. In fact, it can mask your symptoms.
When I was a kid my dad would put a small piece of chewing tobacco on the sting. That seemed to work well.
When I was a kid (11 or 12) I also got stung while mowing the grass. If I remember correctly it was over 200 stings. Luckily I had no allergic reaction. I know when I get stung now it's like a ant bite ,very little reaction.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I was a kid my dad would put a small piece of chewing tobacco on the sting. That seemed to work well.
When I was a kid (11 or 12) I also got stung while mowing the grass. If I remember correctly it was over 200 stings. Luckily I had no allergic reaction. I know when I get stung now it's like a ant bite ,very little reaction.
I have heard that about the tobacco.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Your luck you didn’t pull a “My Girl”!

That’s a false sense of security.. reactions can happen sporadically. You could be allergic and go a dozen times and then bam.. anaphylaxis! It’s not a given every time. I was never much concerned about allergies until I had a kid with severe food allergies.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here ...... Daddy would tear open a Picayune, put some of the tobacco in his mouth to wet it, then stick it on the sting. Worked every time.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was cleaning trails in a skid steer, tore open a in ground yellow jackets nest. Took a minute to realize what was happening. Spun loader around and started running away. Pinned one tram lever forward with my knee and covered my face/eyes with that hand. Drove over a half mile back to my truck and luckily most of the YJs didn't follow that far. Went to ER cause I had been stung alot more than a man should be. Drs estimated around 100 stings. Top of my head, both arms, legs, and torso. Luckily I had no reaction. They gave me a couple shots and had me hang out at the ER for a couple hrs. To make sure nothing happened. Needles to say that night the YJs was no more.

Yep, those skid steers can steer them up. Thankfully, my cab was ENCLOSED from the Bumble Bees!

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

That’s a false sense of security.. reactions can happen sporadically. You could be allergic and go a dozen times and then bam.. anaphylaxis! It’s not a given every time. I was never much concerned about allergies until I had a kid with severe food allergies.
I'm with you on this. Last summer I was just out watering a tree I'd planted in the yard while bare footed and ended up standing in a fire ant mound. Been bit by ants all my life and never had any problem but this time it sent me to the hospital for the night. Bad deal

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

My Dr. has told me exactly same thing. So I just do everything I can to not put myself in that position.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!