Head phones

S

Skypilot

Aug 16, 2020
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've tried a search but am looking for a head phone/intercom solution for my Talon 1000x LV 4-seater. The noise of the engine/transmission and a soon to be installed S&B particle seperator is just too uncomfortable to our ears. We want to save our hearing but also be able to converse. Everything seems to point to a $1300 plus Rugged Radio system. Is there anything out there that will protect our hearing and also allow conversation by simply plugging into each others head phones without the expense of a radio?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
You may be able to piece something together with various components if you understand airplane intercom systems but it really isn't worth the trouble in my opinion. Rugged Radios did all the legwork and put it all together for you.

And, you do not need the radio, the intercom works standalone without it (and will be radio ready if you ever want to add it). I have a Rugged Radio 4 position Bluetooth Intercom (listen to music, answer phone, etc.) and headphones (all new in box) for sale, all you would need is a rear cable sets. They are available separately from RR.

I have these items if you are interested. I have Over the Head units but only 3 of them.

ListDiscounted
Model 696 Bluetooth Intercom696-2P$ 875.00$ 657.00
4 X Ultimate Behind the Head HeadsetH22-ULT/H42-ULT$ 876.00$ 660.00
Shipping FREE in lower 48 states.$ 0.00
Total$1,317.00

Also note that this system is voice activated. It is normally squelched and when someone begins to talk, it reduces any background music if playing and allows you to converse with the other passengers but if you don't have a full windshield, the wind will trigger the mics as you speed up and it is quite annoying. If you have a half windshield, it takes a lot more speed to trigger them but it still does it.

Reactions: TripleB
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've tried a search but am looking for a head phone/intercom solution for my Talon 1000x LV 4-seater. The noise of the engine/transmission and a soon to be installed S&B particle seperator is just too uncomfortable to our ears. We want to save our hearing but also be able to converse. Everything seems to point to a $1300 plus Rugged Radio system. Is there anything out there that will protect our hearing and also allow conversation by simply plugging into each others head phones without the expense of a radio?
I have 2 rugged air headsets in our 2 seater and a portable intercom system that you can hardwire or use 9 volt battery. It works great and they make a 4 input system as well. Everything for less than $250. I would say you could get a 4 seater done for less than $500.

B506BF39 CC6B 4866 8A14 DF61A1424CF9 6BF5F8F2 8366 4EB7 93BF 13A29262D82E 3FF8A90E 4A5D 4C24 951A 5A67C31AD18F

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Look up PCI Race Radios. They have a great intercom setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Skypilot

Aug 16, 2020
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My research has turned up SENA bluetooth helmets. Anyone here use them?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My research has turned up SENA bluetooth helmets. Anyone here use them?
SENA units will work. They can be pricey as well. Buy the unit not the helmet. That way you can transfer them in the future.

chatterbox
Scala rider

are two other options in that arena

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the tag. I have used the Senna and Scala Bluetooth systems on motorcycles with success. I have not yet worked on intercom systems but it definitely appears that there is a demand!

A simple intercom system can be put together fairly easily (See Racing Electronics Gemini 5 system INTERCOM - GEMINI-5 PACKAGE I have used these at NASCAR races and they are nice) and this will allow radio input as well. However, you cannot use them with a helmet.

I happen to live close to RE so I may have to take a trip up there to see what they have or what they can build for me to achieve an intercom system that integrates with a stereo and a two way radio

S

Skypilot

Aug 16, 2020
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I am inclined to pick up a pair of SENA Tufftalk Lite Earmuff Headsets. I don't usually wear a helmet and this will allow my wife and I to communicate and also protect us from noise.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I am inclined to pick up a pair of SENA Tufftalk Lite Earmuff Headsets. I don't usually wear a helmet and this will allow my wife and I to communicate and also protect us from noise.
Link?

when my wife is along we go pretty slow anddon’t use helmets either.

Reactions: 906UP
S

Skypilot

Aug 16, 2020
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
They were delivered on Thursday and we took them out on a ride this morning (Saturday). They worked better than expected. the headphones helped protect our hearing and the intercom system worked flawlessly. We were part of poker run for raise money for a family here in Yuma so there were over 100 rigs. Only two Talons. The other talon.....2021 4 seater (Live valve) Jackson Turbo. I didn't know they were available. Back to the phones......lots of interest from other drivers. These things worked for us. The mikes did not pickup outside noises and voice communication was clear. They are availabe from a number of sites including Amazon. We got a bit better price ($224 each) and free shipping at 2wheel.com. Have not yet tried liking to my phone but that is an added function.

Reactions: 906UP
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They were delivered on Thursday and we took them out on a ride this morning (Saturday). They worked better than expected. the headphones helped protect our hearing and the intercom system worked flawlessly. We were part of poker run for raise money for a family here in Yuma so there were over 100 rigs. Only two Talons. The other talon.....2021 4 seater (Live valve) Jackson Turbo. I didn't know they were available. Back to the phones......lots of interest from other drivers. These things worked for us. The mikes did not pickup outside noises and voice communication was clear. They are availabe from a number of sites including Amazon. We got a bit better price ($224 each) and free shipping at 2wheel.com. Have not yet tried liking to my phone but that is an added function.
Cool!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!