P1000 Headlight bulbs?

Buck Assassin

Buck Assassin

Apr 7, 2022
Midwest, McHenry county, Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These are the ones i got. Not the most expensive but work well. Just make sure to follow directions and orientate the light the right way. Everything fits in the stock housing too.
Screenshot 20220812 093513 Amazon Shopping

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
These are the ones i got. Not the most expensive but work well. Just make sure to follow directions and orientate the light the right way. Everything fits in the stock housing too.View attachment 348457
So to be clear, H13’s work with the 22’s?
thats what the 16-21’s used.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Instead of bulbs I did the full LED pods off Ebay for my '22 and they are pretty awesome for price. Only thing that stinks is having to take off entire front clip and doors to get to them.
Instead of bulbs I did the full LED pods off Ebay for my '22 and they are pretty awesome for price. Only thing that stinks is having to take off entire front clip and doors to get to them.

Which ones did you get? Did you have to modify them to fit?

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still pretty chintzy Honda deleted LED headlights in the '22. They also screwed up and took away the '22's ability to cruise at high speed in reverse, something I'm fond of in my '21 SE, as a seldom know where I'm going.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I understand that both high and low beam have a separate relay but are bulbs getting voltage straight from the battery or are they seeing voltage drop?

Reactions: Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand that both high and low beam have a separate relay but are bulbs getting voltage straight from the battery or are they seeing voltage drop?
If high and low beam have separate relays, those relays will be getting their power from a fuse and the fuse block will get it's power from the battery which is charged by the engine alternator. Wiring will be sized to minimize voltage drop due to resistance.

Keep in mind that LED headlights use something like 1/5 the current of incandescent bulbs while putting out significantly more light and lasting much longer. They are not just a little better, they are far superior.

Reactions: russknight
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If high and low beam have separate relays, those relays will be getting their power from a fuse and the fuse block will get it's power from the battery which is charged by the engine alternator. Wiring will be sized to minimize voltage drop due to resistance.

Keep in mind that LED headlights use something like 1/5 the current of incandescent bulbs while putting out significantly more light and lasting much longer. They are not just a little better, they are far superior.
I reduced voltage drop and significantly increased the light output of the lights on my jeep just by using the factory wiring as the trigger and adding relays.
I am of the opinion that LED lights have their place, however they are ruining everyones eyes.
And LEDs freeze over much easier in the winter, some even add resisters to add heat and then there goes the 1/5 the current . And every scratch, smudge, dirt deteriorates the light output of the plastic lenses vs glass.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000
advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I reduced voltage drop and significantly increased the light output of the lights on my jeep just by using the factory wiring as the trigger and adding relays.
I am of the opinion that LED lights have their place, however they are ruining everyones eyes.
And LEDs freeze over much easier in the winter, some even add resisters to add heat and then there goes the 1/5 the current . And every scratch, smudge, dirt deteriorates the light output of the plastic lenses vs glass.
Just my 2 cents.

Both incandescent and LED headlight fixtures have used glass or plastic, no exclusive either way there. It is true that ice can be an issue.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hook up a permanent trickle/battery tender charger like mine. Will charge both or one when not in use and that battery will last a very long time past its expectancy.
my cabin in in Northern Mi where my P1 is most of the time now frigid temps in the winter. Hook it to that tender all the time No problems. 😉
View attachment 348455View attachment 348456
What is the round can like thing with 2 wires coming out in the front?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What is the round can like thing with 2 wires coming out in the front?
There are 2 pics there. Im guessing your thinking next to the battery? Its my air horn the std horns sound like a fisher price horn. I wanted to be heard. Look up my build and you can see details on all of my mods For my P1

Reactions: Rayger143
D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Looks like they would be a PITA to keep clean?
I installed a Rough County Slimline Bumper Kit last night on my 2022 (It doesn't fit the 2022 without some modification BTW) and was not impressed with how far these little LED
The club store sells a nice kit a lot of the members have used. I'm sure it would work awesome for you with. Looks like you would have to modify the mount for a 22 but this should give you an idea.
I went with the Rough Country Dual Slimline (Honda 10-inch Slimline LED Bumper Kit (16-22 Pioneer 1000)) on my '22 because the one at the club store wouldn't fit a '22. What a mistake! I had to modify the RC one because it too does not fit a '22 even though it says it does. The light output isn't that great, it does a good job of lighting up things close, and it gives good wide coverage, but it doesn't carry very far. I have the dual back-up light setup from the club, and those lights are much better.

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I can confirm that these work and work well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SZMVNC7?tag=sxsweb24-20

They very bright and carry much better than stock. They tell you to mount them with the LEDs at 9 and 3 o'clock, but, because one had the locking ring in the wrong position, I ended up with one at 10 and 4, and that one worked better so I removed a couple of screws and rotated the other one to be the opposite at like 2 and 8 (see picture), and now they work fantastic. Since they are made of red aluminum, they reflect a little red when you see them in day. The high beams are quite high, but if I remember correctly, the factory high beams were similar. They are much more powerful and provide a better light than the stock bulbs and for $40, they are well worth it. I would have paid the $400+ for the Honda LEDs if I didn't have to take the hole machine apart to install them. In the photo, that white roll-up door that you can see in the middle is 450 feet away. That is on low beam. I have huge LEDs shooting from the house on the left that is kind of washing out the headlights up close to the machine making it look under lit in front, but that isn't the case in the dark. The house leds are a warmer temp, soo the more white light is headlights.

PXL 20220915 005616281 PXL 20220914 030805634

Buck Assassin

Buck Assassin

Apr 7, 2022
Midwest, McHenry county, Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can confirm that these work and work well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SZMVNC7?tag=sxsweb24-20

They very bright and carry much better than stock. They tell you to mount them with the LEDs at 9 and 3 o'clock, but, because one had the locking ring in the wrong position, I ended up with one at 10 and 4, and that one worked better so I removed a couple of screws and rotated the other one to be the opposite at like 2 and 8 (see picture), and now they work fantastic. Since they are made of red aluminum, they reflect a little red when you see them in day. The high beams are quite high, but if I remember correctly, the factory high beams were similar. They are much more powerful and provide a better light than the stock bulbs and for $40, they are well worth it. I would have paid the $400+ for the Honda LEDs if I didn't have to take the hole machine apart to install them. In the photo, that white roll-up door that you can see in the middle is 450 feet away. That is on low beam. I have huge LEDs shooting from the house on the left that is kind of washing out the headlights up close to the machine making it look under lit in front, but that isn't the case in the dark. The house leds are a warmer temp, soo the more white light is headlights.

View attachment 354185 View attachment 354186
They should have come with an allen key. There is a small allen bolt you can remove and orientate the way they are suppose to be. I wanna say mine was brights on top. If you put them at the right spot you will get a better throw out of them. Mine was 12 and 6, but i had to adjust them to get it there. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Lady01
D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
They should have come with an allen key. There is a small allen bolt you can remove and orientate the way they are suppose to be. I wanna say mine was brights on top. If you put them at the right spot you will get a better throw out of them. Mine was 12 and 6, but i had to adjust them to get it there. Just my 2 cents
I agree, I if you have a bit of time, you could play with the orientation a bit and figure out what works best in your housing. These came apart using a Philips screwdriver.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!