P1000 Headlight tie in

J

jmarc616

Aug 16, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a harness to tap into the head lights? I want to have my rocker switch lights come on with my headlights. I do t want to cut wires. Where is the best place to tap in ?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there a harness to tap into the head lights? I want to have my rocker switch lights come on with my headlights. I do t want to cut wires. Where is the best place to tap in ?
The club store has a harness available to connect an aftermarket light when on high beam. They might could make you one that would work.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You have only 3 post and all three in the last 2 years have been about this same thing. Did you not like the answers to the other posts?

What @Mopower58 suggested is the easiest way to do this As to what your asking.
hope this finally answers your question?

BTW no pics of your machine on here yet. Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

Reactions: Rayger143
D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
You have only 3 post and all three in the last 2 years have been about this same thing. Did you not like the answers to the other posts?

What @Mopower58 suggested is the easiest way to do this As to what your asking.
hope this finally answers your question?

BTW no pics of your machine on here yet. Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)
I think he asked different questions in each of the posts. With this question he just needs to see if he can get illumination to his switches when the lights are on. I don't see a harness on this site that provides for that. For this, I think he would want something that is probably tied into the taillight circuit since I assume if he uses the headlight circuit, the lows go off when the highs are on and visa versa so you don't want those wires. The tail lights (not brake) should be hot all the time when the lights are on. I'm still waiting on my P1000, so I do not know if the dash lights are on all the time or just when the lights are on. That could be another source. I have watched some videos on YouTube where people have added Switch Pros switches and they had to locate a wire that was hot when the lights were on. You may want to look at that.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think he asked different questions in each of the posts. With this question he just needs to see if he can get illumination to his switches when the lights are on. I don't see a harness on this site that provides for that. For this, I think he would want something that is probably tied into the taillight circuit since I assume if he uses the headlight circuit, the lows go off when the highs are on and visa versa so you don't want those wires. The tail lights (not brake) should be hot all the time when the lights are on. I'm still waiting on my P1000, so I do not know if the dash lights are on all the time or just when the lights are on. That could be another source. I have watched some videos on YouTube where people have added Switch Pros switches and they had to locate a wire that was hot when the lights were on. You may want to look at that.
If thats the case, then he would have to trace some wires to the head light or to tap into. I wouldnt recommend that #1 for the length of wire he is running #2 the risk of compromising the wire he just tapped into. Mine is hooked to the Key on source so they eliminate when the key is on. Also alot easier and safer way to do it. Assuming hes going to ride with some lights on most of the time anyway It would t matter 🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!