Heat Heat Heat

T

Tshrout

May 3, 2021
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2021 1000-5. Has anyone figured out how to reduce the rear seat heat? I'm willing to purchase, or fabricate, in order to cool this area down for the passengers. Any logical, or proven ideas would be appreciated.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
T

Tshrout

May 3, 2021
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for the link. As I read the DEI kit reviews, and watch the youtube videos of the same, each reports that the kit does little to nothing to correct the rear seat heat issues. All seemed pleased with the front seat, but the rear seat is where we're having the issues.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank you for the link. As I read the DEI kit reviews, and watch the youtube videos of the same, each reports that the kit does little to nothing to correct the rear seat heat issues. All seemed pleased with the front seat, but the rear seat is where we're having the issues.
Welcome to the forum....😊 Yeah, the back seat is a real b**** for those riding in it. The thing that makes my riders the most comfortable is to double up two of those blue thick wool moving blankets that have incredible insulation value. I put them across the entire back seat area, including the floorboards and over the back of the seat backs held there by two long bungee cords.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan!

bilge fan under the seat with a rocker switch on the dash.

BTW its your first post and no pics!
So.......
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

M

MKelly Dixon

Jun 8, 2021
Niota, Tn.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2021 1000-5. Has anyone figured out how to reduce the rear seat heat? I'm willing to purchase, or fabricate, in order to cool this area down for the passengers. Any logical, or proven ideas would be appreciated.
I have a 2020 1000-5. Bought it last year in the early summer. First time out I thought we were all gonna have a heat stroke!!! It’s nice in the fall and winter here in Tennessee but summertime is a bit warm. I would love a solution as well.

Reactions: TripleB
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a 2020 1000-5. Bought it last year in the early summer. First time out I thought we were all gonna have a heat stroke!!! It’s nice in the fall and winter here in Tennessee but summertime is a bit warm. I would love a solution as well.
There is no “solutions” unfortunately, there are only mitigating measures, I mentioned one, Remi mentioned one, and there are several threads here on the topic over the years discussing things people have done to minimize the pain.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had a few passengers the 1st summer I had my rig but none since.. but I took a fiberglass fire blanket and cut it to the size of the bed. You have to cut some slits in it also to go around the bed shocks etc.. Then wrapped it in aluminum tape. Zip tied it in place under the dump bed/seats. That was a year ago and I haven't had a passenger since lol. Idk if it works or not but it has to help especially with the steam baths. I also have 9 inch radiator fan zip tied under the seat that i think helps up front for sure. I've had it in for 2 years and I haven't had a rear passenger since. I've heard the under seat fan can make it hotter in the rear. Last year I bought some fans that plug into a power point and clamp them to my gun rack for air flow on slow trails in the summer. I planned on some hard wired cab fans this summer but haven't yet.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also if you have a windshield and it doesn't flip up, you're fighting a losing battle. When it's hot you have to go no windshield, half windshield or flip up windshield.
Exactly or you will be frying eggs in know time!

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and TripleB
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Exactly what @Montecresto said.

hay, its your first post too and no pics!

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
;) 👮‍♂️

RustyG

RustyG

Jul 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used foil covered foam and spray glue and covered everything with the bed tilted. I got exhaust wrap too. Still gets warm but definitely helped.

RustyG

RustyG

Jul 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at my pics and I had removed the rear floor to cover them. I got the stuff I have attached some pics, hope they help. I've been kicking around the idea of creating some kind of flap that would block the gap where the bed meets the front seat, so no air could get up through there. Good luck!
Screenshot 20211006 201310 Photos
Screenshot 20211006 201424 Photos
Screenshot 20211006 201357 Photos
Screenshot 20211006 201326 Photos

Reactions: TripleB
RustyG

RustyG

Jul 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it chopped off that I got the stuff either on Amazon or ebay, lol.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I looked at my pics and I had removed the rear floor to cover them. I got the stuff I have attached some pics, hope they help. I've been kicking around the idea of creating some kind of flap that would block the gap where the bed meets the front seat, so no air could get up through there. Good luck!View attachment 298743View attachment 298744View attachment 298745View attachment 298746
Been there done that, waste of time and money, FAN is the answer, been there done that also, it works! PS I have identical pictures, didn't help much.

Reactions: Prntckt

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!