P1000 Heat in the cab from the engine

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
What about using a exhaust and header wrap made by Heat Shield products to wrap the exhaust to cut down on the heat? The company also makes insulation for gas tanks etc. The insulation in sheets could be used to insulate under the seat to cut down the heat. Has any body tried this?

hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
The wrap will work for the pipe. You don't want to insulate the pipe too much, only a single layer.

A foil faced insulation will work better for under the seat.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda are you listening? I am worried about burns or plastic melting causing a fire. I have only been out in 50 degree weather so far and it is a problem even at these cooler temps. My Polaris RZR melted the corner off the inspection panel behind the seat on the passenger side and I feel the Pioneer might be hotter.

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
I noted the motor right under the seat at the dealer showroom floor yesterday. Yikes! Maybe venting the engine bay a bit would help. Anyone else feel this is an issue?

F

fireman377

Dec 1, 2015
What about using a exhaust and header wrap made by Heat Shield products to wrap the exhaust to cut down on the heat? The company also makes insulation for gas tanks etc. The insulation in sheets could be used to insulate under the seat to cut down the heat. Has any body tried this?
fixed problem ceramic coat headers and heat shields then install fan under seat also install cool it mat email me at sdc377@hot mail.com and I will send you photos

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noted the motor right under the seat at the dealer showroom floor yesterday. Yikes! Maybe venting the engine bay a bit would help. Anyone else feel this is an issue?

I have been thinking about a boat Bilge Blower under the front driver seat blowing out toward the right side and to the right rear wheel. Would like to wire the blower to the radiator fan if it doesn't over load the circut. will try after I install my heat shield material if needed.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
When I was on my ride last weekend (70ish miles) we rode about 20MPH then slowed down in places and faster in others. The only time I really noticed any heat was when I splashed in some water and it got on the motor.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed insulation foil one side covered insulation from top of seat back to engine and under seat. Rode 89 miles yesterday and no heat problems noticed. Air temp was in the 40's so not a good test but I am sure it helped plus less gear noise in cabin.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Installed insulation foil one side covered insulation from top of seat back to engine and under seat. Rode 89 miles yesterday and no heat problems noticed. Air temp was in the 40's so not a good test but I am sure it helped plus less gear noise in cabin.
Post pics when you can.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Montana do you have a front windshield installed? I have noticed on mine that with it installed, and with no rear panel installed, that the heat hangs around in the cab just like dust due to the negative air pressure in the cab that is created when driving. With the front windshield removed, no negative pressure and a lot less heat.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Delton and JACKAL