P1000 Heat issues or not on the 1000-5 Poll

S

SoCoRuss

Jul 2, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How many folks with the past 3 year models of the 1000-5 actually have a heat issue that makes driving the 1000-5 uncomfortable?

Folks from the western states where it does get hot, compared to northern climate folks, for a long time opinions are greatly appreciated.

A simple yes or no will do unless you want to comment

Reactions: Hondoman
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a '17 p1k-5. I live in Texas where it is warm to hot most of the year. Heres my take on the heat "issue":

Any utv will produce heat in the cabin area, especially those where the seats are close to the engine. In my opinion, the pioneer is somewhere in the middle on the heat scale. Some are cooler, some are warmer. Canams seems to be the hottest to me. The pioneer is far from unbearable, but I grew up operating open top tractors (farming), riding go carts, three wheelers, four wheelers, dunes buggies etc without tops in the Texas summers.

Mine had the rubber flap added under the front seat under that campaign. I didnt notice a difference. It does steam from time to time, but it's usually short-lived. Replacing the oem hardtop with the Alienshade or something similar plus removing the windshield makes a noticeable improvement overall.

In summary, I've never seen the heat as being an issue. Not directed at the OP, but if the heat is too much one should consider something with an A/C.

R

rickoshea

'19.no issue for me.i run a mid panel and a bimini,and take the top half of the split windshield off in the summer and roll up the panel.the only time i get heat is from steam.in winter with the full windshield it's just warm enough to keep me from freezing.i put an extra layer of boom mat/rubber checkerplate insulation down on the seat base/back when i converted to rzr seats but it wasn't an issue,just did it because it made cleaning the mud out easy.i don't have passengers often,so i didn't deal with heat issues in the back.

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 19, no issues here. Yeah it gets a little warm but not warm enough for me to do anything about it.

SuperMidget

SuperMidget

Feb 24, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. Other Brand
no problem with the wifes 2018, but she doesn't have a roof or windshield. got a soft top that will get thrown on depending on the weather but usually its all open and a non issue.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 20 D lux, I live in WNC mountains bought my buggy in late February , I have the honda hard top and Honda split windshield, it was cold here, Heat was nice, summer time it got a lot warmer but not enough to make me not want to ride. The under seat fan is on the list of mods, (waiting on my switch panel to get here from china, I think they are walking it here.) and some insulation under the seat from @Bayouownbeer , I think will make those hotter days more bearable. All in all I’m real pleased with my buggy and enjoy riding when ever I can, heat and all.

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 and it is equipped with the Honda rubber heat barrier. When I first got the unit the passenger seat would get extremely hot and uncomfortable. I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of their aluminized plastic heat barrier, installed it below the rubber factory barrier and up the back of the seat. Problem solved.

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2017 P1000-5 deluxe. Yes to hot to ride comfortably.

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2021 P1k5 - it’s like sitting on a baked potato, in its stock form! You have to put in a heat barrier to ride comfortably.

advertisement
A

AZ123

Sep 12, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once it warms up and you’re riding for hours It can be uncomfortable in weather above 80 degrees outside let’s not mention 100 and up degree days it’s let’s get this ride over with
Winter riding weather it’s great
I purchased insulation for the firewall as you put on a vehicle from Amazon that’s sticks on the plastic cage
I put it under the seat and every were you can underneath the dash under passenger rear engine foot rest under cup holder as your drinking water becomes 100 degrees if you don’t
Has helped a lot no more burning your legs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!