Heater Install?

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Just was on the phone ordering accessories for my Pioneer. Front fabric doors, heater, wiper, switch assembly.

Has anyone on the board ever installed a heater in a Honda Big Red UTV? I'm kinda mechanical....but not a sucker for punishment either. Kinda wonder if I should tackle the heater install myself or pay the dealer ($300 or so) to do the install?? Recommendations?

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
It really should be pretty straight forward. Splice into the coolant lines with the supplied fittings, and run 12v switchable power to the blower fan.

No idea how/where it mounts, looks like it comes with a bracket though to fit somewhere under dash. All depends how much the dealer wants to charge you I suppose.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm going to install it myself, just waiting for it to come in along with the winch mounting plate that comes with the wiring for the winch, the wiper, the switch panel, the roof light bar and the aux lights, the bed liner, the frt floor mat, the hard rear panel and the frt bumper that will not be out until December . I have already installed the glass windshield, rear view mirror, full hard roof and the back bumper.
The only thing that I was told is to get Honda coolant as you will loose some cutting the hoses.
I will get the full doors but have already spent a lot on this already. Just can't wait to get everything on it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anyone found any instructions for the heater? If you do please post!

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Wondering if the heater comes with the thermostat bypass and the heat regulator.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone has seen an installed heater or received theirs yet? I was wondering if it mounted under the hood, with the length of hoses shown in the only image available that seems to be the logical place for it to be mounted. If so I am going to shelve my plans to make an underhood storage container.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
ohanacreek said:
Has anyone has seen an installed heater or received theirs yet? I was wondering if it mounted under the hood, with the length of hoses shown in the only image available that seems to be the logical place for it to be mounted. If so I am going to shelve my plans to make an underhood storage container.

I have a heater on order.....have not seen it or the installation instructions. If it would mount up under the hood.....that would be slick. I'm really taking a leap of faith on the heater.....cause I know nothing about where or how it mounts. Hoping Honda has it figured out.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure they do, from the accessory image it looks like it includes all the parts needed. I hope it does mount underhood and I don't have to move anything I've already installed.

However, it just occurred to me, I don't have the service manual for the P4 yet. Does anyone's service manual show the heater?

Or the wiring diagrams for the other Honda accessories?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No. It does not show any of the accessories. When U get your heater make sure you get instructions.
Then could you post them online for everyone?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!