P1000 Heater

P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I got tired of Honda’s idea of a heater. My butt would sweat and on tracks snow dust would get into heater and create steam. Not to mention I I went into water more than 24” deep hoses would fill with water. After taking out all heater parts and finding almost 2 lbs of dirt in under floor tubes confirmed something else was needed. Nothing on market tripped my trigger so “build it “ came to play. Here’s what I came up with. Blows same or better cfm as Honda heater, no heat loss to tubes under floor, can be submerged and within a minute it drains out of box and easily gotten to to clean if needed. I built box used a heater core I liked that I could go to NAPA and replace if needed. A small electric radiator fan hooked up to a variable speed knob

3A779BCA F627 4591 BB32 76C49D14A20E

R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
Wow, amazing job. Definitely better than stock.

Hey looking to do the same with my 1000. Would you be able to send a parts list and where you can get them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

patpete

Apr 8, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I built the box fit my location. (Hind site i might rebuild box. I have to unbolt heater and lift it to get floor pan in/out) Got an 8” slim fan off eBay for about 20.00, motor speed controller ebay 10.00,got a 660-3000 heater core from napa for 20.00 12’ of 5/8 heater hose 40.00, 2 brass 1/2-5/8 hose couplers 12.00 . Drain coolant at 2 bolts under passenger side coolant tubes, cut the hose from oil cooler above dct filter by frame, splice 1 hose to heater core, from other side of heater core goes back to other end of cut that goes to front of engine, remove M6 bolt (don’t loose copper washer) from thermostat housing refill coolant till it comes out of bolt hole, reinstall bolt fill radiator, start engine to burp air out of system( might have to loosen bolt again careful it will be HOT) Now before I get beat up on hose tap location that is where Honda pulls for thier heater and it gets hotter quicker than tapping into radiator hoses

Last edited:
Reactions: popeye
R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
I built the box. Got an 8” slim fan off eBay for about 20.00, motor speed controller ebay 10.00,got a 660-3000 heater core from napa for 20.00 12’ of 5/8 heater hose 40.00, 2 brass 1/2-5/8 hose couplers 12.00 . Drain coolant at 2 bolts under passenger side coolant tubes, cut the hose from oil cooler above dct filter by frame, splice 1 hose to heater core, from other side of heater core goes back to other end of cut that goes to front of engine, remove M6 bolt (don’t loose copper washer) from thermostat housing refill coolant till it comes out of bolt hole, reinstall bolt fill radiator, start engine to burp air out of system( might have to loosen bolt again careful it will be HOT) Now before I get beat up on hose tap location that is where Honda pulls for thier heater and it gets hotter quicker than tapping into radiator hoses

Great thanks a lot. Appreciate info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!