P1000 Jegs Heater

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was looking around for a cost effective heater that would actually produce enough heat to keep the windshield defrosted and add a little heat to the cab. Found this heater on Amazon, the few reviews seem positive and the price is right. Would have to furnish all the fittings but that's easy enough, has anybody given this particular heater a try or have any first hand experience ??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HB9M6TC?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same one that I have. Works well. A bit of a Whore to run the duckts and you will have to get some fittings to make the splices for your antifreeze lines. I have the jegs version. Its the same thing.

you will have to do a search for my full install with the bleeding of the system as well. Its mixed into another heater question/install That I didnt start.
The Date was back in 2018 I believe

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, 4 or 5 years and no real complaints on performance sounds like a pretty good endorsement to me. I'll search out your build thread and take a look.
My initial thoughts were to run a single duct up front to a TEE and replace my cup holders with louvered vents to take care of the windshield.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, 4 or 5 years and no real complaints on performance sounds like a pretty good endorsement to me. I'll search out your build thread and take a look.
My initial thoughts were to run a single duct up front to a TEE and replace my cup holders with louvered vents to take care of the windshield.
That would work as long as you don't mind loosing your beer holders? Youll see i put mine on larger louvered vents just below the seat and angle them up. One other mod Id suggest with this is the fan override switch so u can get more heat out of the heater. Really made a difference

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
jegs, summit racing, etc. put a few in rzrzs for buddies, always got a 3 outlet unit, duct kits from them, center ducted to a t for defrost, the other 2 for heat, all worked well - literally save hundreds over the name brand/oem stuff if u have a thinner wallet

its not rocket science just a heater core/heat exchanger

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed this Jegs heater and mostly followed the video on YouTube from Buck’s send it channel. It doesn’t have tubes for a defrost but it certainly helps!!!

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep. That's the one. I'm pretty sure Buck is a member on here but l don't know what his handle is.
I looked a the vid, can't get much more direct than that. You'd definitely get as much heat as the heater is capable of producing. Glass windshield = gotta have defrosters ...................

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a glass windshield and the heater still helps with fogging a lot as long as you don't cross a deep water crossing to make steam with the exhaust.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!