Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are on the public trails, Sundquist and Royal Blue. You can purchase a years hunting permit and a pass from Tennessee for around $140.
North Cumberland OHV Riding Area - TN.Gov
View attachment 56349
View attachment 56350

Cabins and camping will be competitive to the area, $45 - $75 per night.
We'll have 50 - 50 amps with full hookups and 10 primitive (heated/cooled) cabins as of Jan '18.
March - April we'll have another 50-70 30 amp sites with full hookups.
Demand will drive the rest of the build out.
View attachment 56351
The main building is being built out and the shell will be complete by the end of October.
It will house the 40 X 40 Store, facilities storage, bathrooms and shower house.

Clearing most of the first sites will end up being the premium sites and will have tree cover and plenty of shade.
Looks great! That's 1 thing I don't care about rrb. Your camping in an open gravel parking lot. Not much adventure having a bonfire there. Plus it's terrible Dusty with no trees or shade.

E

Eaglecampground

Sep 9, 2017
Minster, Ohio
www.ohiotele.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks great! That's 1 thing I don't care about rrb. Your camping in an open gravel parking lot. Not much adventure having a bonfire there. Plus it's terrible Dusty with no trees or shade.
They do a great job out there, I've spent many a weekends enjoying their hospitality.

We're trying to build a kickass campground, the kind that you'll want to bring the whole family. Plenty of space, playgrounds and swings for the kids, eventually a pool and other amenities. The "Flatwoods Campground" will have pull through and back ins with 35' between campers, eventually 120+ sites stretched out a mile from north to south.

Looking forward to getting it all done and up and running, it's been a long row to hoe.

J

JTW

We are on the public trails, Sundquist and Royal Blue. You can purchase a years hunting permit and a pass from Tennessee for around $140.
North Cumberland OHV Riding Area - TN.Gov
View attachment 56349
View attachment 56350

Cabins and camping will be competitive to the area, $45 - $75 per night.
We'll have 50 - 50 amps with full hookups and 10 primitive (heated/cooled) cabins as of Jan '18.
March - April we'll have another 50-70 30 amp sites with full hookups.
Demand will drive the rest of the build out.
View attachment 56351
The main building is being built out and the shell will be complete by the end of October.
It will house the 40 X 40 Store, facilities storage, bathrooms and shower house.

Clearing most of the first sites will end up being the premium sites and will have tree cover and plenty of shade.
Awesome!! We’ll be checking y’all out! Do you have the trails gps’ed by chance?

J

JTW

They do a great job out there, I've spent many a weekends enjoying their hospitality.

We're trying to build a kickass campground, the kind that you'll want to bring the whole family. Plenty of space, playgrounds and swings for the kids, eventually a pool and other amenities. The "Flatwoods Campground" will have pull through and back ins with 35' between campers, eventually 120+ sites stretched out a mile from north to south.

Looking forward to getting it all done and up and running, it's been a long row to hoe.
That’s awesome!! Keep the lodging affordable and you’ll be busy!!

Reactions: Plumber32
E

Eaglecampground

Sep 9, 2017
Minster, Ohio
www.ohiotele.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
E

Eaglecampground

Sep 9, 2017
Minster, Ohio
www.ohiotele.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well, I wouldn’t use the word affordable to describe rrb... so I’m all for some competition!
I think there's currently enough demand for sites that all campgrounds will be full. We all have payroll, electric and mortgages to pay, we can't give it away.

We will be developing our campground into a family destination. Pulling travelers off of I75, Norris Lake overflow on top of the ATV and SxS community riding the Sundquist and Royal Blue.

Give us 2 to 5 years, tons of things are in the works. It should be fun!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think there's currently enough demand for sites that all campgrounds will be full. We all have payroll, electric and mortgages to pay, we can't give it away.

We will be developing our campground into a family destination. Pulling travelers off of I75, Norris Lake overflow on top of the ATV and SxS community riding the Sundquist and Royal Blue.

Give us 2 to 5 years, tons of things are in the works. It should be fun!!!

I think most people grossly underestimate the investment required to develop water, sewer, and electrical services to several dozen campsites. Especially the 50 amp most big units require.

Then the daily staffing & maintenance requirements. $40-$55 a night is pretty common for RV full hookup sites all over the US.

I wouldn't expect anyone to venture into this to lose capital. Just the cost of paying to play the off road game.

That's why I moved here, direct daily access to trails. Anyone want to buy a Toyhauler? 2015 Cyclone 4200. :D

Reactions: JTW and BigRob
E

Eaglecampground

Sep 9, 2017
Minster, Ohio
www.ohiotele.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think most people grossly underestimate the investment required to develop water, sewer, and electrical services to several dozen campsites. Especially the 50 amp most big units require.

Then the daily staffing & maintenance requirements. $40-$55 a night is pretty common for RV full hookup sites all over the US.

I wouldn't expect anyone to venture into this to lose capital. Just the cost of paying to play the off road game.

That's why I moved here, direct daily access to trails. Anyone want to buy a Toyhauler? 2015 Cyclone 4200. :D
Perfectly said, you are a guru aren't you!

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I'm at the campgrounds all of the time, let me know if you want a tour, I'd love to get your input.
Just up there. I should have stopped by. Will be doing business with you soon. Welcome to the site. Great forum.

J

JTW

I grew up in horse camps all over.. and I remember when folks stopped going because they got too high. My gripe is more with $500 for 3 nights in a tiny converted storage shed!! Brimstone has much much more affordable lodging options than rrb. My friends are cheap and I’d prefer to ride the royal blue area! So I hope they are competitive AND affordable!!

Reactions: BigOL3 and nbomar
E

Eaglecampground

Sep 9, 2017
Minster, Ohio
www.ohiotele.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I grew up in horse camps all over.. and I remember when folks stopped going because they got too high. My gripe is more with $500 for 3 nights in a tiny converted storage shed!! Brimstone has much much more affordable lodging options than rrb. My friends are cheap and I’d prefer to ride the royal blue area! So I hope they are competitive AND affordable!!
We will keep the prices reasonable, but we do have a lot of bills to pay. ;)

Our campground is almost a mile long north to south, the main campground "Flatwoods" is going to be 50 and 30 Amp with full hookups. Hoping to be complete with the first 50 by Jan '18 and the balance up to 120 to 150 total by May '18. It really depends on the weather and the land that we can use.

The second campground on the property is on "Thompson Bench", we will have 10-15 primitive cabins (heat/air/electric) as of Jan '18, additional cabins as demand dictates.
Electric only sites will also be on "Thompson Bench" they will have less trees and the sites will be a bit smaller but the rates will also be reduced.

That builds out less than 1/2 of the usable land we have available. Additional build outs will be made as demand dictates. We have all kinds of plans for additional build outs including full amenity cabins, Hunter's cabins (no electric, ATV access only) swimming pool, water slides, zip lines and rope courses.

We are making a destination campground, slow but sure, by an inch it's a cinch, by a yard it's hard.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!