P1000m5 Hello from Missouri!

J

Jarred

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm picking up a 1000-5 on Saturday and have been trolling this forum checking on what to look out for.

I'm actually trading in my RZR 900S as I needed more seating for the wife and kids!

Anyhow, hi all and thanks for the great resource and all of your information tips and tricks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad for you, you will really like the new ride, just wondering if you had any problems with the polaris ?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard from S.E. Mo.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Windrock, Tennessee. You will love your Honda.

Reactions: drfubar
J

Jarred

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks guys! I did really enjoy the rzr after I dropped 8K into it but was ready to kind of start over and go back to the basics. Going to try and keep this new rig simple and not beat on it as hard as the rzr.

I setup the rzr to be a rock crawling rig and boy was it ever! However, after switching all the stock axles out for Rhinos (after each one broke) I knew I would be setting myself up for a disaster since the next weakest link would end up being the tranny or front end. Well, lo and behold, last trip out was the one! Blew up the tranny and front diff in one tight spot. Thankfully it was covered under warranty, however, I'm ready to take it easier. Getting too busy with work and kids to want to spend time working on a rig that gets run hard.

Not only that but the kiddos are old enough to putt around on more scenic trails now and we needed a 4 seater so I can start bringing along the entire family.

I will miss my RZR but I know I'll enjoy the Honda just as much if not more now that the whole gang can come along!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys! I did really enjoy the rzr after I dropped 8K into it but was ready to kind of start over and go back to the basics. Going to try and keep this new rig simple and not beat on it as hard as the rzr.

I setup the rzr to be a rock crawling rig and boy was it ever! However, after switching all the stock axles out for Rhinos (after each one broke) I knew I would be setting myself up for a disaster since the next weakest link would end up being the tranny or front end. Well, lo and behold, last trip out was the one! Blew up the tranny and front diff in one tight spot. Thankfully it was covered under warranty, however, I'm ready to take it easier. Getting too busy with work and kids to want to spend time working on a rig that gets run hard.

Not only that but the kiddos are old enough to putt around on more scenic trails now and we needed a 4 seater so I can start bringing along the entire family.

I will miss my RZR but I know I'll enjoy the Honda just as much if not more now that the whole gang can come along!

I too switched from a Rzr 4 seat down to a Honda 5 seat. Much more nimble on he trails and I didn't want to go fast anymore. Where in Missouri are you?

J

Jarred

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm in Wentzville but we frequent Flat Nasty Off road park and like making an occasional trip down to Mack's Pines in Arkansas. We are planning on getting back out to Colorado this summer hopefully

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the family and be sure and post pics of the new ride. Your axle story is exactly why I only run stock axles. There's a reason they aren't too hard to destroy. A 150 dollar axle beats a 2k dollar diff.

Reactions: GlockMeister
J

Jarred

Oct 23, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to the family and be sure and post pics of the new ride. Your axle story is exactly why I only run stock axles. There's a reason they aren't too hard to destroy. A 150 dollar axle beats a 2k dollar diff.

Yup, not going to do that again!

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too switched from a Rzr 4 seat down to a Honda 5 seat. Much more nimble on he trails and I didn't want to go fast anymore. Where in Missouri are you?

Who says the Honda isn't fast? Lol

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda is fast guys, but to think our Honda's can run a trail at the same speed a Rzr can is just silly. They are not made for the same thing. I just realized i didn't need to go "that" fast so I got a Honda... is that a better statement?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard @Jarred!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!