Hello from SW Missouri

M

MrsOneshot

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi there. Just joined the forum after a few days of lurking. Nice place.
I am female so please be gentle if I ask something that is stupid. I am no where near up to specs on most of this stuff. Most of the time it will be me here since I am the forum junkie but hubby might show up from time to time.

Hubby and I have pretty much decided on a new P700-2 Deluxe. Not sure about color but leaning strongly towards Camo. Unsure about accessories at this time due to the fact that stepping up to the Deluxe is going to be enough of a strain on the budget. Other than the poly hard coat full windshield we are going to wait and see what we need or want as time goes by. Ideas welcomed.

Use will be mainly on the farm with an occasional field trip. We aren't youngsters and going super fast or wild and crazy isn't out cup of tea. I got a chance to test drive a P700-2 and a P1000-4 the other day and I think the 700 is more than enough for our needs. I did discover that the 1000 didn't like going slow but I was wanting to go slow and it's just not a good fit for me and my short legs. Gave myself a serious case of whiplash on the 1000. Sure hope no one saw me. It wasn't pretty.

I wouldn't be opposed to a used P700 but they are scarce as hens teeth around here and they hold their value so much that I pretty much decided might as well go for new...besides I do admit that I like the upgraded features on the Deluxe. While I don't just HAVE to have power steering...it's kinda nice.
Plus I appreciate looks as much as the next person. I am already feeling the lure of bigger wheels and something called beadlock rings because they look cool.

So for now my main question is where can we go for short field trips in the SW Missouri area?
I know about Rush Springs down around Pineville and I discovered that Chadwick doesn't allow my size vehicle. Pineville is actually closer anyway. So you guys/gals in my neck of the woods...where you do ride around here? Long trips to ride aren't really a viable option for various reasons at this time.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard from SE Mo..
Can't be of much help on riding areas as I usually stay close to home myself. But there are alot of knowledgeable folks on here that I'm sure will chime in.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
:):)
I am female so please be gentle if I ask something that is stupid. I am no where near up to specs on most of this stuff. Most of the time it will be me here since I am the forum junkie but hubby might show up from time to time.

Hubby and I have pretty much decided on a new P700-2 Deluxe. Not sure about color but leaning strongly towards Camo. Unsure about accessories at this time due to the fact that stepping up to the Deluxe is going to be enough of a strain on the budget. Other than the poly hard coat full windshield we are going to wait and see what we need or want as time goes by. Ideas welcomed.

Use will be mainly on the farm with an occasional field trip. We aren't youngsters and going super fast or wild and crazy isn't out cup of tea. I got a chance to test drive a P700-2 and a P1000-4 the other day and I think the 700 is more than enough for our needs. I did discover that the 1000 didn't like going slow but I was wanting to go slow and it's just not a good fit for me and my short legs. Gave myself a serious case of whiplash on the 1000. Sure hope no one saw me. It wasn't pretty.

I wouldn't be opposed to a used P700 but they are scarce as hens teeth around here and they hold their value so much that I pretty much decided might as well go for new...besides I do admit that I like the upgraded features on the Deluxe. While I don't just HAVE to have power steering...it's kinda nice.
Plus I appreciate looks as much as the next person. I am already feeling the lure of bigger wheels and something called beadlock rings because they look cool.

So for now my main question is where can we go for short field trips in the SW Missouri area?
I know about Rush Springs down around Pineville and I discovered that Chadwick doesn't allow my size vehicle. Pineville is actually closer anyway. So you guys/gals in my neck of the woods...where you do ride around here? Long trips to ride aren't really a viable option for various reasons at this time.
Welcome here. You'll be treated well, no worries. :) If you go to the Central Plains and Southwest regional forums, you'll find much talk of various trail systems reasonably close to you.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Welcome from Nashville. Www.riderplanet-USA.com it will have places to ride.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE TN. I think you're on the right track with the 700 if you plan on putting around alot. Oh and theres no such thing as a stupid question (only stupid answers lmao). Kidding of course. Hope you find this forum as helpful and enjoyable as I have.

Reactions: GlockMeister
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Hi there, I'm a fellow female. What a wonderful, caring, FUN group of guys you have found and their God given talents are amazing!! Each and everyone of them talented in their own way! They are easy to enjoy because they enjoy each other! Have fun, learn lots!:)

M

MrsOneshot

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I had already looked at the website mentioned above for finding places to ride.
That's how I found out that Rush Springs was relatively close and also how I found out the Chadwick isn't an option. I used to live down not far from Chadwick and often rode horseback down at Bar K just past the Chadwick motor vehicle riding area.

Not sure when we will pull the trigger on the P700-2 Deluxe as I have to do some penny counting first but probably not too far in the future. I will continue to read the posts here in an effort to get better educated and understand the various options available.

This whole journey started when I asked hubby about maybe getting a quad for the farm. It's quickly morphed into something much larger and of course more expensive. I have been trail riding in the mountains of Utah with my daughter and loved it.
And of course a couple of our friends already want to borrow it for hunting so they are all for it.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Middle TN! Great bunch in this forum, you'll learn a ton. Yep these rides always cost you way more than you thought they ever would. However, they are a ton of fun! Much like a boat, they'll nickel and dime you to death Lol.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard!! This site is full of good and knowledgeable people who will be pleased to assist you in any way they can...

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey welcome from NW Arkansas. There are lots of places down here to ride. Mill Creek, mulberry mountain, buckhorn, macks pines, moccasin gap, poteau mountain are just a few. Good group of guys (girls) and tons of knowledge on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MrsOneshot

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well.....we are the proud owners of a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 in olive green.
Had to step up to the larger model to give my husband more leg room and the added power didn't hurt his feelings either.
Pictures as soon as I can get some. Didn't go with the Deluxe...we were maxing out budget as it was and for our needs the lack of power steering isn't that big of a deal. I can manage well enough with things just the way they are. Accessories to come later once we decide what we need or want. For now just added the split hard coat poly windshield. So the stock/base model 1000-3 with windshield.

Drove down to Rush Springs Ranch prior to the purchase just to check out things. Looks like it would be great fun. I used to do endurance horse racing and did a ride down in that area once....probably not far from the ranch area.

For now we have been putzing around the farm. Wish we had time to go take a little trip to Pineville this week because the weather is so nice but won't have the time for a couple of weeks. Other obligations this week.

Pics coming as soon as I can get some and figure out how to upload them. Short on time at the moment.

M

MrsOneshot

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's our new toy. Haven't had a chance to do much with it just yet. Just some playing around the farm. I am looking into the ThrottleMaxx as a possible solution for whiplash....I am vertically challenged :( and having a difficult time maintaining proper consistent foot pressure on the accelerator. I need more seat time for sure.
Been drooling over the potential list of accessories available. I think I am worse about them than my husband. :)

QdQ7XZ1l

QdQ7XZ1l

Last edited:
M

MrsOneshot

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well......I want one image and every time I try to edit I make it worse.
It's not working like it is supposed to.

Oh well, you guys know what I mean. I will play with this later.

Reactions: lee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!