Hello

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
New member. Took delivery of a 2022 Talon 1000R one week ago. Putted it down the street just long enough to realize it has an issue. The i-4Wd light stays illuminated. Didn't think much of it until reading the manual. The dealer (100 miles away) said, "oh, just bring it back and our tech will check it".

While installing the new winch I couldn't help but notice the front-end alignment was horrendous. Towed out over three inches. The right side wheel more so. That issue is now resolved.

Sure hoping Honda quality and reputation is what I always remember is to be. It obviously left the dealer with the light on but they claim otherwise. Will make all the obvious checks before seeking dealer help.

Complaints aside this is a really cool machine. Many mods already complete. Waiting on a windshield and plug-n-play turn signal/horn kit. If it ever warms up I really want to start the break-in process.

DSCN0329 DSCN0330

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

The link in my sig will take you to some basic Talon information if you haven't seen it. It's also a sticky in the General Talon 1000 Discussion forum.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
New member. Took delivery of a 2022 Talon 1000R one week ago. Putted it down the street just long enough to realize it has an issue. The i-4Wd light stays illuminated. Didn't think much of it until reading the manual. The dealer (100 miles away) said, "oh, just bring it back and our tech will check it".

While installing the new winch I couldn't help but notice the front-end alignment was horrendous. Towed out over three inches. The right side wheel more so. That issue is now resolved.

Sure hoping Honda quality and reputation is what I always remember is to be. It obviously left the dealer with the light on but they claim otherwise. Will make all the obvious checks before seeking dealer help.

Complaints aside this is a really cool machine. Many mods already complete. Waiting on a windshield and plug-n-play turn signal/horn kit. If it ever warms up I really want to start the break-in process.

View attachment 366830 View attachment 366831
Welcome from Ohio. hope ya get it straightened out .

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Welcome from NW Arkansas!

H

HondaTech

Not trying to take up for anyone, but the I4wd light could've been of since the system has to reach a certain speed before acknowledging an issue.

That being said they should've driven it fast enough to test everything.

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not trying to take up for anyone, but the I4wd light could've been of since the system has to reach a certain speed before acknowledging an issue.

That being said they should've driven it fast enough to test everything.
Great points. I'm not going to panic on the light. The front-end alignment on the other hand was kind of shocking. Hope to get it up to speed once the sub-zero departs.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

Welcome from NE Ga…Let the good times roll!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Welcome from South Florida

Nice Talon 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!