P700 HELP! Flashing "-" for gear position

mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
Shortly after adding LED lights to a friends P700 (Front, rear and dome LEDs, Secondary fuse box, relays, etc) The gear position indicator on the LCD blinks constantly and will not show R-N-D. Also the coolant and check engine light stay on. It runs, shifts and drives fine.

I tapped into the gear position plug near the transmission (used by Honda for their backup siren) to ground trigger the relay for the reverse lights and feel like the issue has something to do with that plug/wiring.

I have unhooked all new wiring, checked for loose or broken connections, unhooked the battery and cant for the life of me find the fault. He took it to Honda and they tested several things but said the next step was to replace the gauge cluster which would be pricey and they felt pretty confident that his cluster was not the issue. Any ideas?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!