BOX1

P1000 help installing 30x9 tires

P

pattycakes

Jan 30, 2019
nova scotia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hi just picked up a set of 30x9x14 itp crypidid tires (new take offs ) and want to put them on my 1000-5. the problem I got it the rear wheels are 9 wide correct ? . will the tires be to narrow for that wheel , I would love to use the factory rims if I could , Also I cannot go any wider than I am now as the trail gates around here I just squeak through them now stock , what are my options guys .Also can I get by without any type of lift ,First post guys show me the love

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If you have the tires and no metal see if you can get a set of can-am stock rims someone wants to dump we share the bolt pattern. My 30x9's came off a can-am but with a lift I can't go full left or right without scrubbing.
20170922 124022

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
J

JTW

You can put them on but they’re prolly not going to be worth a s***... 30’s typically don’t fit without forward a arms. 28 is the general consensus for max tire size on a stock machine. The rear wheels should work... but not well. A bracket lift won’t help any of your issues with those tires.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
hi just picked up a set of 30x9x14 itp crypidid tires (new take offs ) and want to put them on my 1000-5. the problem I got it the rear wheels are 9 wide correct ? . will the tires be to narrow for that wheel , I would love to use the factory rims if I could , Also I cannot go any wider than I am now as the trail gates around here I just squeak through them now stock , what are my options guys .Also can I get by without any type of lift ,First post guys show me the love

Well.... unfortunately you're not in a real good spot. Looking at the machine one might think it can't be too hard to put on 30" tires but there's a lot more to it than just a simple "out with the old and in with the new"

As stated previously, a tire that measures a true 28" tall is the max that will fit on a pioneer in stock configuration.

The pioneer has a nice tall wheel well but clearance at the top of the tire isn't the problem. The front tire will hit the back of the wheel well. Because of this, adding a lift will not solve the problem. You will need new front A-arms from somewhere like SuperATV that sells forward swept A-arms. This puts the tire further forward and adds the necessary clearance from the back of the wheel well. With this you'll need steering stops to prevent axle breakage and you will have a significantly reduced turning radius.

If you aren't wanting to take on that level of modification and/or you don't really need 30" tires for the riding you do, the best solution would be to part ways with those 30's while you're still ahead. Get some 28" tires that fit your wheels and carry on.

P

pattycakes

Jan 30, 2019
nova scotia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they measure 28 tall and my factory big horns measure 26 i would try em but dont want to go though the trouble and cost of mounting them only to have to wait for a arms or rims what ever i may need , my main concern is the rear rims as they are 9 inches and tires are 9 also , i dont want the tires to look /\ when mounted ya know what im sayn , so what i think im gona need is a set of 7 inch wide rims but want the distance outside of tires to be same as the factory ones were , anyone point im in the right direction for rims or spacers , or anyone got pics of 9 inch tires on 9 inch factory rear wheels ?

E385407B A5EB 430D B399 311640175C3D F63D817F 04F5 4CED A22F B5280F454C29

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
they measure 28 tall and my factory big horns measure 26

Heck you might be in good shape then. Basically you need 2 more front rims. You might be able to track down a set on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

P

pattycakes

Jan 30, 2019
nova scotia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
humm .....they are the same offset arnt they , i got 3 foremans also and im use to the fronts and backs being different offsets and not interchangable

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm fairly sure the OEM front are 6" or so and the rears are 8" or so.

Not 9".

They are stamped on The inside cross arms.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
humm .....they are the same offset arnt they , i got 3 foremans also and im use to the fronts and backs being different offsets and not interchangable
Most use a 1" spacer on each side on the rear with the same size rims all around. Hub track width is narrower on the rear.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!