clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When trying to put my 2016 1000-5 in reverse the gears just grind. I made the cable adjustment under the battery, didn't seam to change anything . The dash indicator shows the machine is in "R" , no codes or other warnings. If you give it a little gas it slams into reverse , pops in and out of reverse. Every other gear seams to be fine.

1,900 mile on the machine, I have adjusted the tranfer case likage under the drivers seat.

I have searched the forum and have not yet found anyone with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff O'Reilly

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
When trying to put my 2016 1000-5 in reverse the gears just grind. I made the cable adjustment under the battery, didn't seam to change anything . The dash indicator shows the machine is in "R" , no codes or other warnings. If you give it a little gas it slams into reverse , pops in and out of reverse. Every other gear seams to be fine.

1,900 mile on the machine, I have adjusted the tranfer case likage under the drivers seat.

I have searched the forum and have not yet found anyone with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff O'Reilly
Just because you are adjusting the cable, do you know for a fact it is actually moving anything? Even though this sounds potentially way-out-there, I would be sure to charge the battery and make sure it is in excellent shape, because I know from experience when you battery is low and depending on "electronics" quirky things happen. How is the unit responding going up through the gears?

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it shift into reverse with the engine not running?

You may have to rock it a bit while not running to engage. This will determine the next troubleshooting step.

I would say no it does not. Put it in reverse and push forward or backward it goes " click, click,click click.

Reactions: Lady01
riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say no it does not. Put it in reverse and push forward or backward it goes " click, click,click click.
your gonna have to tear in to the sub trans mission i bet the edges are worn i had to replace 3 parts in there for it being out of line ill find the pics and post

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it shift into reverse with the engine not running?

You may have to rock it a bit while not running to engage. This will determine the next troubleshooting step.
Honda
your gonna have to tear in to the sub trans mission i bet the edges are worn i had to replace 3 parts in there for it being out of line ill find the pics and post

OH NO, sounds expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Strange the problem came on like someone flipped a switch. Yesterday morning there where no problems the first 3 times i used reverse, and all of a sudden it happened on the 4th.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many hr job is this for the average garage mechanic ? Any special tools needed ?

Why does this happen and what will keep it from happening again ?

VERY disappointed, only 1,900 miles and it has not been beat, rode hard at all.

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many hr job is this for the average garage mechanic ? Any special tools needed ?

Why does this happen and what will keep it from happening again ?

VERY disappointed, only 1,900 miles and it has not been beat, rode hard at all.
took me about 2.5 hours but i was doing it on a lift

C

cjburt22

Mar 7, 2018
Enterprise, MS
Yep. Sorry to say but
Gear dogs and shift fork is going to need to be replaced in the sub transmission.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hey, I have same issue but not as bad. I have removed the sub trans but I can't see any visible issues. Can you tell me which fork and gear dogs need replaced?
Thanks,
Casey

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

R

RandyRobinett

Jan 2, 2021
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is this repair covered under warranty

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!