HELP PLEASE

Grumpy2050

Grumpy2050

Sep 17, 2021
Caldwell Id
Ownership

1. Talon X4
OK, as I have mentioned, me and wires do not like each other much. Don't understand it, can't see it, just don't like it.
Well, I got a winch from Super ATV. Control wire, has rocker switch that does not fit into the switch plate. Soooo, I get a new winch rocker switch, and the fun begins.
The original rocker switch has 3 wires on 3 poles, plus an extra wire to be hooked to a keyed hot wire. Now, the new rocker, has 7 poles. What in the friggin hell am I supposed to do now?

The new switch does have lights in it that the original did not, but what goes where. Anybody wanna come to Idaho and help/ Or maybe just explain in buger eater terms how I hook this up?

Thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
OK, as I have mentioned, me and wires do not like each other much. Don't understand it, can't see it, just don't like it.
Well, I got a winch from Super ATV. Control wire, has rocker switch that does not fit into the switch plate. Soooo, I get a new winch rocker switch, and the fun begins.
The original rocker switch has 3 wires on 3 poles, plus an extra wire to be hooked to a keyed hot wire. Now, the new rocker, has 7 poles. What in the friggin hell am I supposed to do now?

The new switch does have lights in it that the original did not, but what goes where. Anybody wanna come to Idaho and help/ Or maybe just explain in buger eater terms how I hook this up?

Thanks
There are multiple switches with the 7 terminals, depending upon which brand name and type of switch will determine how it gets wired up. There should be wiring diagrams for the specific switch you purchased, do a Google search for the wiring diagram or instructions if it didn't come with any.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Im being serious here not trying to b a smart ass.
do u have pics of the 2 and a wiring diagram? Hard to fix wiring from description.

sorry just seen jackal beat me too it 👍

Grumpy2050

Grumpy2050

Sep 17, 2021
Caldwell Id
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well, I do have pictures on my phone, not sure how to get them on here.
Did I mention, oh I did, but misspelled it. I am kind of a "booger eater" when it comes to wires. How do y'all think that carries over to phone pictures?

Actually, I think I may have figured it out. My friend is gonna fix it.
I appreciate the help. I just wanna get it done so I can get out to play.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, I do have pictures on my phone, not sure how to get them on here.
Did I mention, oh I did, but misspelled it. I am kind of a "booger eater" when it comes to wires. How do y'all think that carries over to phone pictures?

Actually, I think I may have figured it out. My friend is gonna fix it.
I appreciate the help. I just wanna get it done so I can get out to play.
To load pics, click on the “attach files” at the bottom tight of your post then follow the prompts! Easy peasy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!