Help please

T

Talon1000r22

Mar 27, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Need some help for a buddies Talon. We just put a new clutch in it and yes we made sure it was seated all the way in we checked multiple times before we put the cover back on. We are trying to do the clutch relearn but it will not take. We have tried it multiple times but still no luck. Has anyone had this issue before? Below is a video of us doing the procedure. We are doing it by the book.

T

Talon1000r22

Mar 27, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sorry guys video too long to upload

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I assume you have the service manual?
Chapter 11-70
I will also assume you do not have a PV3 Programmer?

I watched one guys video and he was not very graceful going from P to L, P, L,... He would get hung up on N, or R about each time he did it.

T

Talon1000r22

Mar 27, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Need some help for a buddies Talon. We just put a new clutch in it and yes we made sure it was seated all the way in we checked multiple times before we put the cover back on. We are trying to do the clutch relearn but it will not take. We have tried it multiple times but still no luck. Has anyone had this issue before? Below is a video of us doing the procedure. We are doing it by the book.

T

Talon1000r22

Mar 27, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes he has a PV3 but it’s on the stock tune. We tried through the PV3 and it wouldn’t complete it. And I just uploaded the video let me know if it looks right to you
I assume you have the service manual?
Chapter 11-70
I will also assume you do not have a PV3 Programmer?

I watched one guys video and he was not very graceful going from P to L, P, L,... He would get hung up on N, or R about each time he did it.
s we

T

Talon1000r22

Mar 27, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looks fairly good.

Using the PV3 should eliminate that procedure I would think.

I have only done 2 P1k's myself.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Sorry for the long awaited reply. We took it back apart and noticed it needed to be pushed in a little more. We did that and tripled checked it. Put it back together and now it shows the low oil pressure light on the dash when attempting the relearn

H

HondaTech

Sorry for the long awaited reply. We took it back apart and noticed it needed to be pushed in a little more. We did that and tripled checked it. Put it back together and now it shows the low oil pressure light on the dash when attempting the relearn

May have nicked a seal on the shaft.

Reactions: Blownzuki

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!