ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I struggle to find info on the COPS tunes. They are on FB, but that does me no good. I can find no webpage that describes the options and enables a purchase. Still, I am interested...

no clear videos yet either all blurry and at night so far.

Reactions: Lady01
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I struggle to find info on the COPS tunes.
Most do.
I've seen several on fb say they make good tunes...but Everytime you ask one of them for hard evidence like a dyno sheet, the one guy gets defensive and starts calling everyone names. At this point, I think he has been kicked off most of the FB pioneer pages.
He told @Alan_Vander he was on the "banned buyer list" because he ask these questions and wouldn't take the usual "I've been tuning for weeks" filler for an answer. I've also seen several claims made that I'd have a very difficult time believing, and at this point, I wouldn't buy a tune from them if it could lay rubber for a block.
Just my .02.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Most do.
I've seen several on fb say they make good tunes...but Everytime you ask one of them for hard evidence like a dyno sheet, the one guy gets defensive and starts calling everyone names. At this point, I think he has been kicked off most of the FB pioneer pages.
He told @Alan_Vander he was on the "banned buyer list" because he ask these questions and wouldn't take the usual "I've been tuning for weeks" filler for an answer. I've also seen several claims made that I'd have a very difficult time believing, and at this point, I wouldn't buy a tune from them if it could lay rubber for a block.
Just my .02.
Lol yeah this is the kinda of thing i like to see when someone is talking about a tune. Show me real world numbers. Nice video and ride.
For the record the guy told me you cant tune a vehicle on a dyno. Um ok.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol yeah this is the kinda of thing i like to see when someone is talking about a tune. Show me real world numbers. Nice video and ride.
For the record the guy told me you cant tune a vehicle on a dyno. Um ok.

You can you just need a 4 wheel dyno and it has to be done in 4WD, he probably doesn't have one or access to one without paying for it.

The sensors won't let it shift out of first if the front and rear wheels aren't spinning close to the same speed.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
You can you just need a 4 wheel dyno and it has to be done in 4WD, he probably doesn't have one or access to one without paying for it.

The sensors won't let it shift out of first if the front and rear wheels aren't spinning close to the same speed.
I4wd thing or 1000 thing? cause the discussion we had was about a tune on a 700.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine shifts through all 3 gears on a jack on the back

I don't trust anyone who won't produce a dyne sheet, That touts MASSIVE GAINS.
Same guys that add a cold air intake and say their truck will beat a Lambo or something equally ridiculous.

You aren't going to find massive gains on the Pioneer motor without forced induction and even then you've HAVE to change cam and injectors, AND mod the ECU etc...

You might get a little more grunt right off idle and reduce some torque management with ECU mods, but other than that you aren't getting huge adds of power without mechanical changes. Don't hope for it, don't expect it, Honda has engineered them for durability not power. Even on the 1000 if you change out the parts, which requires machining, for AT parts you may gain HP but you lose low end torque. Talon parts are better but still not perfect and still requires machining, if you add all the Talon parts and perform all the machining correctly you can add the Talon ECU with some programming changes, and it run great BUT, its not JUST ECU tuning.

If I weren't going to do something really crazy with mechanical parts and even if I were, I would buy the PV3 and the Autotune for it, that will get you the best tune based off YOUR machine. I am not sure about the 700 but you can mod the shift points on the 1000 which may help with your style of riding.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't trust anyone who won't produce a dyne sheet, That touts MASSIVE GAINS.
Same guys that add a cold air intake and say their truck will beat a Lambo or something equally ridiculous.

You aren't going to find massive gains on the Pioneer motor without forced induction and even then you've HAVE to change cam and injectors, AND mod the ECU etc...

You might get a little more grunt right off idle and reduce some torque management with ECU mods, but other than that you aren't getting huge adds of power without mechanical changes. Don't hope for it, don't expect it, Honda has engineered them for durability not power. Even on the 1000 if you change out the parts, which requires machining, for AT parts you may gain HP but you lose low end torque. Talon parts are better but still not perfect and still requires machining, if you add all the Talon parts and perform all the machining correctly you can add the Talon ECU with some programming changes, and it run great BUT, its not JUST ECU tuning.

If I weren't going to do something really crazy with mechanical parts and even if I were, I would buy the PV3 and the Autotune for it, that will get you the best tune based off YOUR machine. I am not sure about the 700 but you can mod the shift points on the 1000 which may help with your style of riding.
This is pretty much what i was telling the guy . Lol. Only true way to get pure good gains is to go into the motor.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My favs were:
Saying they could "double the power" at a certain RPM. I think this was in reference to the 1k.

Last week he told someone he could get the 700 to run 62-70 with a gearset (which I assume to be the Rincon gears) and a tune, but still have "stockish bottom end power".

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My favs were:
Saying they could "double the power" at a certain RPM. I think this was in reference to the 1k.

Last week he told someone he could get the 700 to run 62-70 with a gearset (which I assume to be the Rincon gears) and a tune, but still have "stockish bottom end power".
Not even with a turbo!!!

@spifyd did it about 5 years ago and performance was only on par with a showroom floor P1000 to about 55.

Reactions: Lady01 and DG Rider
Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry guys, I'm doing the waiting game. Have talked to them several times on the phone and seem to be good fellas, just wish they would give a true date and quit pushing it back. They may have taken on more work than they can handle? They were quick on sending the dragy out so I assume its backlog on available man hours.

Plan to get the "trail" tune, which I think will be good test against Hess. Then an E-85 tune, which i heard really wakes them up. The remaining 2 I'm not sure on yet.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
@z28camaro82 Suprised they are still in business considering they have been banned by all the FB pages and this site. Be sure to run a wideband if your running e85 and make sure the afr is good so u dont burn your motor down.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@z28camaro82 Suprised they are still in business considering they have been banned by all the FB pages and this site. Be sure to run a wideband if your running e85 and make sure the afr is good so u dont burn your motor down.
They were not banned by the forum, they deleted their own account, after you tried you help him and he started his antics. He was run off by the members themselves.

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I will have to check into that, thanks for the information.

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
I put the COPS tune in the other day.. just ripped up and down my field.... there is a difference to the hess tune, but I'm not sure I believe the numbers on the app I'm using.
Hess showed a 2.4 0-20mph
Cops showed a 1.9 0-20mph

in a field.. kinda muddy... 3 times each.. this weekend I'm going to go grab some pavement.. reload the hess... give it a few runs.. then do the same with the COPS... I'm so far satisfied with both tunes.... I mean with the Hess tune I wasn't completely left in the dust by a bunch of RZR's and X3's this weekend. I had a couple guys actually kinda impressed how well my pioneer does.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put the COPS tune in the other day.. just ripped up and down my field.... there is a difference to the hess tune, but I'm not sure I believe the numbers on the app I'm using.
Hess showed a 2.4 0-20mph
Cops showed a 1.9 0-20mph

in a field.. kinda muddy... 3 times each.. this weekend I'm going to go grab some pavement.. reload the hess... give it a few runs.. then do the same with the COPS... I'm so far satisfied with both tunes.... I mean with the Hess tune I wasn't completely left in the dust by a bunch of RZR's and X3's this weekend. I had a couple guys actually kinda impressed how well my pioneer does.
I have been told they are rich the first two WOT tests that you do, just an fyi. Since you did 0-20 is that in Low then? Which tune did you go with from them?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!