Hi from Redding CA!

T

TMANFOSTER

Jun 4, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
THERE IS A GUY SELLING BRAND NEW HONDA SERVICE MANUALS ON EBAY FOR $ 79.95 IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE BUYING FROM SOMEONE IN PETERSBURG , WEST VIRGINIA. I HAVE BOUGHT THINGS FROM PEOPLE IN BROOKLYN AND HAVE HAD NO ILL EFFECTS . OR MAYBE IT'S JUST AN EAST VS. WEST THING .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
THERE IS A GUY SELLING BRAND NEW HONDA SERVICE MANUALS ON EBAY FOR $ 79.95 IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE BUYING FROM SOMEONE IN PETERSBURG , WEST VIRGINIA. I HAVE BOUGHT THINGS FROM PEOPLE IN BROOKLYN AND HAVE HAD NO ILL EFFECTS . OR MAYBE IT'S JUST AN EAST VS. WEST THING .

No need to yell, we're right here. Speaking of right here, you can get a service manual with a lifetime subscription to this forum. Don't know what it costs these days but I think it's cheaper than what you just posted.

RussellB

RussellB

Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2022
Redding CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
So I got a manual from ebay. Not the one from Brooklyn. And I really don't have anything against anyone from there, it's just his was listed as loose leaf if I remember right. Talking with Hondasxs, I think the problem is I didn't warm up the motor to do the reset. Once I get the manual, I'll pull the codes if any and then do a reset and go from there.

You are a great group and would love to meet you guys out on the trail some time.

R

RKwate

Jun 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Welcome from Northern Idaho. I was born and raised in Orland, so I know your neck of the woods well. Do you do much riding around the Mineral/Mill Creek area of Mount Lassen? My parents had a cabin at MIll Creek when I was a kid.

Reactions: Buggyman
T

TMANFOSTER

Jun 4, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No need to yell, we're right here. Speaking of right here, you can get a service manual with a lifetime subscription to this forum. Don't know what it costs these days but I think it's cheaper than what you just posted.
I ALWAYS WRITE IN ALL CAPS SO THE ELDERLY DONT HAVE TO USE THEIR READING GLASSES .AFTER BEING A MOTORCYCLE , ATV AND SXS MECHANIC FOR 55 YEARS , HARD COPY SERVICE MANUALS ARE ALWAYS THE WAY TO GO . MY LIBRARY IS EXTENSIVE AND STILL ADDING TO IT .DONT THINK THIS FORUM OFFERS THAT . THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT .

RussellB

RussellB

Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2022
Redding CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Welcome from Northern Idaho. I was born and raised in Orland, so I know your neck of the woods well. Do you do much riding around the Mineral/Mill Creek area of Mount Lassen? My parents had a cabin at MIll Creek when I was a kid.
Didn't know there was any riding south of Lassen. I did ride on the North side at Twin Bridges, but it burned in the fire. Was up there last week riding motorcycles. Sierra pacific has closed all their land up there, so it's hard to get from one area to another right now.

RussellB

RussellB

Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2022
Redding CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I ALWAYS WRITE IN ALL CAPS SO THE ELDERLY DONT HAVE TO USE THEIR READING GLASSES .AFTER BEING A MOTORCYCLE , ATV AND SXS MECHANIC FOR 55 YEARS , HARD COPY SERVICE MANUALS ARE ALWAYS THE WAY TO GO . MY LIBRARY IS EXTENSIVE AND STILL ADDING TO IT .DONT THINK THIS FORUM OFFERS THAT . THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT .
LOL, I just tried to read it without my glasses... I still can't read it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I get it, you're old school and I can appreciate that. What the forum offers is a downloaded digital copy that can be printed multiple times and not damaged or misplaced. And a lifetime membership so you can always talk to people from all over the country about things that aren't in that book. FWIW

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may personally own multiple copies of the 1000 service manual. I was ordering them every year just to keep up with wiring diagrams and see what changes. I also own a few Talon and 500 manuals.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Didn't know there was any riding south of Lassen. I did ride on the North side at Twin Bridges, but it burned in the fire. Was up there last week riding motorcycles. Sierra pacific has closed all their land up there, so it's hard to get from one area to another right now.
If you like, I can let you know when we are going to have a ride down here, if you're willing to drive 3 ish hours to ride in some new country.

RussellB

RussellB

Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2022
Redding CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
If you like, I can let you know when we are going to have a ride down here, if you're willing to drive 3 ish hours to ride in some new country.
That would be great. I've been wanting to check out the riding down your way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!