P1000 High end switch panels

J

JTW

The Feinex mini 4200 is a very good set of switches for the price of 99.00 they are waterproof and simple to hook up. That being said they don't have blue tooth or programing and other than making the top two switches wig wag if you would like. Also the button color is in green only. Its pretty simple to hook up one power and one negative then the other 6 wires are all ready to go. At 3.5 amps per switch it is sufficient for most accessories and if it not you can always run a relay. I myself have some running to a Bussman water proof fuse/relay box as needed. I can tell you from experience from my last build with hazard that we ran some screws to deep and they still replaced the unit even with it being our fault. I have been impressed with them through several years of hard wet (some times underwater) riding they have always worked well.

foot print is fairly small as well

View attachment 98074 View attachment 98075
The Bluetooth I can live without. But I do wish they came in different colors

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I could probably fix that if I were real motivated lol

Reactions: JTW
rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
Withthe proliferation of Chinese knockoffs, another item that is getting hard to find, is good quality crimps.
The ring terminal crimps and connectors at the auto parts store, Lowe's and HD are junk.

Even some electrical parts houses have poor quality connectors.

Panduit and Thomas & Betts still make some good quality crimps. Just hard to find.

Ancor Marine has a large selection of good quality marine rated connectors. You can get them from marine suppliers like Wholesale Marine, West Marine, Overtons, etc

Reactions: Montecresto
Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked over the options and decided on the Switch Pros at $549. It costs a little more than I want to spend, however it seems to cover all of the bases and I expect the product/service to be top notch. Each switch/circuit can be tied to the ignition or left tied to battery so I feel comfortable skipping the Stinger triggered from ignition. I am going to set one of the triggers on the highbeam and the other on the reverse ground. This should allow me turn on the offroad lights with the highbeams. The backup trigger will turn on the backup lights and rock lights automatically, however they can both be manually controlled individually. The low voltage disconnect looks to be configureable on a per circuit basis. Looks like each circuit can strobe, flash or PWM in addition to the primary on/off function. I can see running with headlights off and the rock lights at 30% PWM to sneak into trailhead before sunrise. I might use the PWM on heated seats down the road. I can use the flash and two circuits to do turn signals. Finally, the delayed off will allow the rock lights and/or interior light to stay on after key is shut off. I think all of the features and quality will make the cost seem reasonable. I am just tired of cheap crap that almost works.

Switch 1 - Interior Light
Switch 2 - 2x3 sirius pillar lights
Switch 3 - 20" sirius front brush guard light
Switch 4 - backup lights
Switch 5 - rock lights
Switch 6 - turn signal left
Switch 7 - turn signal left
Switch 8 - horn or heated seats

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I looked over the options and decided on the Switch Pros at $549. It costs a little more than I want to spend, however it seems to cover all of the bases and I expect the product/service to be top notch. Each switch/circuit can be tied to the ignition or left tied to battery so I feel comfortable skipping the Stinger triggered from ignition. I am going to set one of the triggers on the highbeam and the other on the reverse ground. This should allow me turn on the offroad lights with the highbeams. The backup trigger will turn on the backup lights and rock lights automatically, however they can both be manually controlled individually. The low voltage disconnect looks to be configureable on a per circuit basis. Looks like each circuit can strobe, flash or PWM in addition to the primary on/off function. I can see running with headlights off and the rock lights at 30% PWM to sneak into trailhead before sunrise. I might use the PWM on heated seats down the road. I can use the flash and two circuits to do turn signals. Finally, the delayed off will allow the rock lights and/or interior light to stay on after key is shut off. I think all of the features and quality will make the cost seem reasonable. I am just tired of cheap crap that almost works.

Switch 4 - backup lights
Switch 5 - rock lights

Looks like a good system except...:oops:...it’s got two left turn signals:confused:

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Switch 4 - backup lights
Switch 5 - rock lights

Progress Report:

Installed terminal strip with 8 circuits on the left.
Dash 1

Switch Pro 9100 is under cowl behind 2nd battery and terminal strip. Remote module for winch is in center under cowl.

Switch Pro 1
Installed switch panel left of steering wheel. I haven't had a chance to install labels yet. Cup holder has been displaced by Ice Crusher Heater duct. I am going to put the winch rocker switch to the right of the Switch Pro.

Under Hood

Full dash with Ice Crusher Heater, Switch Pro and True voltage gauge.

I have the Sirius pillar lights and 20" Sirius light bar installed and wired up. I have the backup ground from the backup alarm harness wired up as trigger input #1. I am currently running wires for the reverse lights and possibly some rock lights. I will be able to manually turn the reverse lights On/Off as well as set the reverse lights to turn On automatically when shifting to reverse.

Added Bonus 1: It looks like I will be able to easily disable the automatic reverse lights from the app on my phone during hunting season for stealth mode when sneaking into my favorite trail head a couple of hours before sunrise. I have already figured out how to disconnect the brake lights under the bed. I would rather not show the entire valley where I am headed.

Added Bonus #2: It looks like I will be able to set a 60s time delay on the reverse lights so that the reverse light stay on after turning off the key. This will give me time to get out of the trailer.

I am going to wire the 2nd trigger input to the high beams so that I can turn the 20" light bar and pillar pods On/Off with the high beams. This will allow me to drop to low beams only with just the factory switch and then back to daylight with a single switch.

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SwitchPros 9100 has worked out great. Each of 8 switches can be programmed with different logic and the options are impressive. The $549 is feeling like a pretty good deal compared to a custom panel, panel rockers, circuit relays, circuit fuses and corresponding wiring.

The time delay option is very handy. My rock lights stay on after I turnoff the key for 60 seconds. I plan to add an interior light and use the 60 sec delay. There is also a dimmer option that will work with interior light.

My reverse lights come on automatically when I shift into reverse AND I can also turn on/off the backup lights with the switch. I realize this option can be wired with relays, however programming the logic from my iPad was pretty slick.

My light bar and pods turn on/off automatically with my high beams or I can turn them on/off individually with the switches. The link to the high beams can be enabled (offroad) and disabled. The Sirius light bar and pods a ridiculously bright and being able to quickly shut everything down to the low beams with a single switch is very handy.

A switch can be programmed to flash or strobe versus on/off as a primary function. These can also be enable as a seconday function using a double touch. I have my backup lights set to strobe with double touch. If I end up stopping abruptly in the trail with limited visibility I set the backup lights to strobe to warn others coming up the trail. The fronts pods will also strobe on a double touch.

I still plan to add turn signals and a horn with the programmable switches. The flash and momentary on is just a programmable setting for a switch. This avoids buying a flasher or street legal kit. Additionally, the turn signal lights can be used as rock lights or loading/unloading lights.

A digital current limit can be set for each circuit and resets when ignition cycles. No fuses to replace!

The 8 outputs are digitally isolated from ignition signal and the two additional triggers. I powered the 8 switch circuits from second battery and these circuits are isolated from the main battery. I can turn on the aux lights with the ignition off without back feeding into the primary electrical system. You can accomplish something similar with an extra relay that controls the coil power to a group of relays, however you would need some way to bypass (SPDT toggle) if you want to switch something on occassionally with ignition off.

Reactions: Neohio and Eltobgi
advertisement
Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It may be worth mentioning that I was able to locate the switches to the left of the steering column and retain the center dash panel area for the ice crusher heater ducts and controls.

The switches are readily reachable from outside the vehicle.

This could also make the switches more reachable if I add 4pt harnesses down the road.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!