BOX1

high lifter 2.5in signature series kit

T

TimE

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello. So I installed a 2.5in high lifter kit on my 1000-5 LE. I put 1.5in spacers on to alleviate rub. I noticed the angle in the rear was pretty steep but I thought it was supposed to work with stock a-arms and axles. Went on a ride and noticed a popping in the rear on turning in 2 wheel lock. Tested in the yard and major popping on sharp turns.. Long story short.....took off the lift off popping went away. Dealer said they have problems with about any kind of bracket lift over 1.5in. I like the lift so is there anything I can do to make it work without spending tons of money? Thanks!

Reactions: Isaiah and TxDoc
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello. So I installed a 2.5in high lifter kit on my 1000-5 LE. I put 1.5in spacers on to alleviate rub. I noticed the angle in the rear was pretty steep but I thought it was supposed to work with stock a-arms and axles. Went on a ride and noticed a popping in the rear on turning in 2 wheel lock. Tested in the yard and major popping on sharp turns.. Long story short.....took off the lift off popping went away. Dealer said they have problems with about any kind of bracket lift over 1.5in. I like the lift so is there anything I can do to make it work without spending tons of money? Thanks!
Well being as the LE axles are all different from every other P1K model (LE has bigger differentials - read axles are shorter) you can't just slap on Rhino Axles, etc. No one I know of makes aftermarket axles for the LE version.

You need a greater articulating CV on both ends. You really are better off not using any lift with the LE. Run 28" tires on it no spacers and call it a day. I ride in some pretty rough trails with 5k miles on my LE. Haven't been in any situation that lift would have made a difference. It's all psychological ( bigger is better) except when it isn't. In this case it isn't. Selling the lift to a non LE owner would be your best route economically & mechanically from a reliability standpoint.

T

TimE

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't realize how much difference there was between the models. I would like a little lift however... Im not into big lifts, or portals etc. but when I'm loaded down with 4 adults and an ice chest it is very squatted. Looks kinda like a low rider 😄 I get tired of dragging on rocks that I shouldn't have to be. The one ride with the lift was awesome. That extra 2.5, 3 in made a huge difference. But I guess if there is nothing out for it I will have to deal with it. Thanks for letting me know.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't realize how much difference there was between the models. I would like a little lift however... Im not into big lifts, or portals etc. but when I'm loaded down with 4 adults and an ice chest it is very squatted. Looks kinda like a low rider 😄 I get tired of dragging on rocks that I shouldn't have to be. The one ride with the lift was awesome. That extra 2.5, 3 in made a huge difference. But I guess if there is nothing out for it I will have to deal with it. Thanks for letting me know.
If you don't already have full UHMW skids and A-Arm guards - replace the trash aluminum ones that come on LE. That is the single best thing you can do if hitting objects in trail.

Think of the aluminum as a big cheese grater attached to underbelly grabbing and dragging on everything it touches vs. a UHMW acting like a teflon cutting board that glides over mud and rocks. I will post photos of my badly damaged aluminum and difference FUTV ULTIMATE UHMW skids make coverage wise.

Coverage difference OEM plastic & aluminum vs FUTV UHMW
20190702 155252

LE Aluminum 2500 miles beat up, 5 bolts sheared off by rocks.
20190813 110141
20190813 110148
20190813 110152
20190813 110207
20190813 110159

Note exposed side sections NOT covered by aluminum above and below photos and damaged outer rails smashed out of round by rocks.

20190813 110203

Bent skids should lay perfectly flat off machine
20190813 112650

Full UHMW coverage installed

20190702 193232

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is a full thread on the topic with more information and details.

Reactions: TripleB
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just out of curiosity did you sell your lift?

T

TimE

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for late reply. I still have it. Plan on keeping just in case...

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for late reply. I still have it. Plan on keeping just in case...
That's OK. I was just curious if you may want to sell it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!