P1000 High volume Dealers

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking for different high volume dealers to compare prices and out the door prices for a new machine. Any suggestions?

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes. Shop around. Call out of state and dont be afraid to drive few hours to save a grand or two. But be weary about the "no sales tax" tactics. They could bite you in the but later.

Sent via Tapatalk.

ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried the same (not afraid to drive hours for right deal). I drove 12 hours to Mobile Alabama to pick up my first side by side (a Kubota 900 diesel). It was well worth it. So when shopping for a pioneer I headed to the top dealer in the state of Ohio. A few miles from the Honda factory in Marysville OH. (Honda cars are made there, not the Pioneers but you know that) ... They have a Honda superstore with everything Honda. Awesome to see. Got a quote and it seemed pretty good. I thought this would be my best deal. Checked out a dealer 45 mins away, and he was $1200 more for the base P1k5D. Even if I added the roof, windshield, winch. Even the add ons were more. So I thought the Honda store was a winner. Until I visited a dealer in WV. He blew me away with a much better price than the big Honda dealer. Fair price on the add ons. He threw in the winch and a couple helmets. No charge for labor to put winch, roof and split windshield on (Honda dealer was going to charge labor for that stuff). Best part is he's not a two hour drive away like the big Honda store was.

Point of my rambling post ...shop around. You might be surprised, and big volume dealers might not be the lowest price. Give some of the other shops a chance. Good luck. Have fun shopping.

Last edited:
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The internet is your friend when shopping. Dont do what I did and impulse buy. I took a beating at a big city dealer, but I was on the trails the same day
A good friend just bought a Yamaha and saved over 4k going to a small dealer about an hour and a half away

D

DDDonkey

The "big" dealer around me, Ride Now was almost 5K more than the small Honda dealer 45 min away. Look around, it is worth it, I never pay MSRP and you shouldn't either.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I spent 3 afternoons calling dealers all over New England and told them up front that I was fishing for the best OTD price and if they were too busy I understood. The biggest was the only one that didn't have time for me but one 2 hours away in Plattsburg, NY, gave me the best deal on a machine with the certain accessories that I wanted plus they installed them no charge. Worth a couple of afternoons for me as the OTD price 2 hours away, with all of the extras that I wanted, was less expensive then the bare machine at my local dealer.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got mine from a smaller dealer and he beat everyone around me

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I tried the same (not afraid to drive hours for right deal). I drove 12 hours to Mobile Alabama to pick up my first side by side (a Kubota 900 diesel). It was well worth it. So when shopping for a pioneer I headed to the top dealer in the state of Ohio. A few miles from the Honda factory in Marysville OH. (Honda cars are made there, not the Pioneers but you know that) ... They have a Honda superstore with everything Honda. Awesome to see. Got a quote and it seemed pretty good. I thought this would be my best deal. Checked out a dealer 45 mins away, and he was $1200 more for the base P1k5D. Even if I added the roof, windshield, winch. Even the add ons were more. So I thought the Honda store was a winner. Until I visited a dealer in WV. He blew me away with a much better price than the big Honda dealer. Fair price on the add ons. He threw in the winch and a couple helmets. No charge for labor to put winch, roof and split windshield on (Honda dealer was going to charge labor for that stuff). Best part is he's not a two hour drive away like the big Honda store was.

Point of my rambling post ...shop around. You might be surprised, and big volume dealers might not be the lowest price. Give some of the other shops a chance. Good luck. Have fun shopping.
I bought mine from a high volume dealer, I think it helped me when the clutch issues came up and they got it fixed pretty quick, the owner is a good guy, seems like his employees lack enthusiasm, if they don't stock it, there not interested in looking for it and pricing it. Everything they order even Honda parts take a week to get in and they want you to come in and pay for it before they will order the part. I bought my rims and tires from a Yamaha dealership, called at 5:30 and told them what I was looking for, they called me back in 10 minutes with price, I agreed to the price, they ordered them that night and I picked them up the next day after work. I have the feeling the Honda dealer thinks they still own my S x S and should buy what ever they have in stock, at what ever price they want to charge. Defiantly going to shop around next time!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I looked for the best price then called the local dealer and asked if they could match the price I found, and then I owned it!!!!!!!!!

If you have to own it................

do it as inexpensively as possible!!!!!

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought mine at TriCounty Honda in Petersburg. This isn’t the dealer he’s talking about, but their deal was better than 3 others I looked at in central wv

Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked up my 2016 P1-5 Deluxe from a Big Dealer in Aug. of this year. They haven't change enough to need a 2018 model. It was buried by inventory for a while. Just over 14K. I think I'll recover.

Last edited:
J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great River Honda in Mississippi, P1K EPS was 12,997 plus $225 out the door. Saved close to 2 grand by driving from texas. Used that 2k for a windshield and a 4 year extended warranty!

J

JTW

Great River Honda in Mississippi, P1K EPS was 12,997 plus $225 out the door. Saved close to 2 grand by driving from texas. Used that 2k for a windshield and a 4 year extended warranty!
Good luck with that..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!