my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Also- do you remember when we were hooking up my pioneer if the there was a trailer hitch on the back ? I did have one on there and noticed Sunday when I was cleaning it up that the trailer hitch was gone. Don't know where I lost it

I don't remember if you had a hitch. I was looking at those sweet wheels and tires. That sucks that you lost it. Maybe if that guy that was leading would have slowed down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't remember if you had a hitch. I was looking at those sweet wheels and tires. That sucks that you lost it. Maybe if that guy that was leading would have slowed down!

I am pretty sure it was on there when we were hooking up on the trailer that night - which means it came out on the road home - hope I did not hit anyone - yikes.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@my99svt. You asked what's next ? Looks like a rear boot - cleaning the machine today and noticed this
29485737bc81512fba6cb0d01d6f17b6

Pretty sure I remember when it happened as well but looked to the outside of the tire and did not check the boot.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
@my99svt. You asked what's next ? Looks like a rear boot - cleaning the machine today and noticed this
29485737bc81512fba6cb0d01d6f17b6

Pretty sure I remember when it happened as well but looked to the outside of the tire and did not check the boot.

Damn, that sucks! But it's a cheap quick fix!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've dont one so far and it sucked butt! I bet they get easier every time you do one. From what I hear @joeymt33 is the master of cv boot replacement.

@Ragnar406

I kind of want to attempt it just for the experience but I am calling Springdale in the morning for a quote lol. Time is short for me as I leave for NYC for market sat morning - either way I would probably not have parts until I get back. I don't think I messed anything up but the boot but don't know how to tell

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've dont one so far and it sucked butt! I bet they get easier every time you do one. From what I hear @joeymt33 is the master of cv boot replacement.

@Ragnar406

Courious as to what one would do if you notice something like this while on the trail? How do you patch up until you can make it to camp?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Courious as to what one would do if you notice something like this while on the trail? How do you patch up until you can make it to camp?

I tore mine during hunting season and I put gorilla tape on it until after season was over and just avoided driving through deep water as much as possible.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh really, don't tell me because I can't afford anything else! I still have to come up with $400 for @nbomar

my99svt has the slickest wiring on his P1 I've ever seen. It's art real work. Sorry Nbomar

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I kind of want to attempt it just for the experience but I am calling Springdale in the morning for a quote lol. Time is short for me as I leave for NYC for market sat morning - either way I would probably not have parts until I get back. I don't think I messed anything up but the boot but don't know how to tell

If I don't hear them clicking, I just clean thoroughly, repack with grease and replace the boot. If you hear them clicking/binding, just replace the CV. From my experience, I've never quieted a clicking CV and they just get worse over time. They could event bind enough to shear an axle.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I don't hear them clicking, I just clean thoroughly, repack with grease and replace the boot. If you hear them clicking/binding, just replace the CV. From my experience, I've never quieted a clicking CV and they just get worse over time. They could event bind enough to shear an axle.

Not hearing any clicking and there is still a lot of grease coming out. I did pull back enough of the tear to look and there only appears to be mud on the inside -

Reactions: my99svt
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not hearing any clicking and there is still a lot of grease coming out. I did pull back enough of the tear to look and there only appears to be mud on the inside -

Are you going to attempt the repair yourself?

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you going to attempt the repair yourself?

I want to - my wife is winning now and feels it will be less expensive if I take it in lol. I called and got an estimate at the local shop here about $250 with parts and labor - since both boots come as a kit they change out both while they are doing it and pack up the one that is not tore for you to keep.

I have not done something like this before - granted not afraid to attempt just know if will be harder to get on the trailer to take to them if I get in the middle and stuck :eek:

part is ordered and I am out of town until end of next week so still time to think and research. - I was surprised that they did not keep one instock. :confused:

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to - my wife is winning now and feels it will be less expensive if I take it in lol. I called and got an estimate at the local shop here about $250 with parts and labor - since both boots come as a kit they change out both while they are doing it and pack up the one that is not tore for you to keep.

I have not done something like this before - granted not afraid to attempt just know if will be harder to get on the trailer to take to them if I get in the middle and stuck :eek:

part is ordered and I am out of town until end of next week so still time to think and research. - I was surprised that they did not keep one instock. :confused:

Try it your self and save all that money. We are here to help.

Tools needed just off the top of head:

Lug wrench
12mm socket/wrench for brake caliper
16mm? Socket for caliper bracket
Large socket 30mm?? For hub nut
14mm for removing the spindle
Something to cut boot bands or...
Crimp tool to remove old ones.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try it your self and save all that money. We are here to help.

Tools needed just off the top of head:

Lug wrench
12mm socket/wrench for brake caliper
16mm? Socket for caliper bracket
Large socket 30mm?? For hub nut
14mm for removing the spindle
Something to cut boot bands or...
Crimp tool to remove old ones.

Or 1 5/16" works for the spindal nut if you dont have 30 mm. If you dont have the tools to do it, then use the money your gonna save and buy them.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!