P1000 Honda 1/4 Windshield/Wind Deflector

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody bought one of these yet? I have looked online, and only 2-3 other companies make them, and their fit and finish doesn't look nearly as impressive as the Honda product. I am 6'3, and I am wondering if it is just going to direct all the wind to my face, or if it will actually improve the wind. Driving this thing without any sort of deflector really generates a lot of air movement from the waist up.

0sr73 hl4 200b 1

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I have this on my 700. In my opinion it does not block much air, but it looks really nice. I think it needs to be a little taller to work effectively.
Good for summer months when I don't want the full windsheild on.

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
I bought the Honda one. I am 6ft tall. If you sit all the way back in the seat the wind doesn't hit you in the face very much at all. Fit and finish in person is amazing! fits way better than my buddy Polaris factory one does. Just be aware you have to drill two holes in the dash for the middle mount. Kinda killed me to do that.

Reactions: amc019
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the Honda one. I am 6ft tall. If you sit all the way back in the seat the wind doesn't hit you in the face very much at all. Fit and finish in person is amazing! fits way better than my buddy Polaris factory one does. Just be aware you have to drill two holes in the dash for the middle mount. Kinda killed me to do that.

Would you mind taking a few pictures of yours mounted up and measure how far up the roll cage it comes? I would appreciate it.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Awesome, thanks man. Looks like it will work nicely, even if I still get some wind on my face it'll be worth it.If you had to go back, would you buy it again?

This is the other 1/2 windshield I found. I am sure it is not the same quality, as it is only 3/16" thick, and probably not " hard coated" but looks to be about 6" tall. Not sure if that is almost too taller. Wish I could experiment with both. They will also customize the height to your needs at no extra charge.

http://www.utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com/pioneer-1000-half-windshield/

Img 2052

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome, thanks man. Looks like it will work nicely, even if I still get some wind on my face it'll be worth it.If you had to go back, would you buy it again?

This is the other 1/2 windshield I found. I am sure it is not the same quality, as it is only 3/16" thick, and probably not " hard coated" but looks to be about 6" tall. Not sure if that is almost too taller. Wish I could experiment with both. They will also customize the height to your needs at no extra charge.

View attachment 9846

I too am going thru the options of a 1/4 windscreen. I had one on my 700 and felt it wasnt enuf I am 6'3 and needed about another 2-4 inches and it would have worked great. Super ATV just listed some on ebay they measure 9 and 7/8 tall and you can get them tinted.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 9846
They are a good company to deal with and have a good product the is good also i had one of their windshilds on a Kymco 700 and it fit better than the factory one

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are a good company to deal with and have a good product the is good also i had one of their windshilds on a Kymco 700 and it fit better than the factory one
They have a folding one for the 1000 out I was going to get but I got in hurry and bought one at dealer because they had it in stock and rode it 2 miles HaHa

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!