P1000 Honda 1000-5 accesory questions

S

StephanS

Jul 26, 2016
Flint MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had several sxs but I am new to the Honda world. I just picked up a new 1000-5 silver and I am looking at getting some accessories for it, Any info would be appreciated. I am assuming the windshields are all the same for the 3s and the 5s, also what did other people do for Hardtops? ($700) seemed a bit ridiculous for me! Thanks

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah - all the Honda accessories are expensive.
I got the glass windshield cause I wanted the wiper kit. Also stuck with Honda roof and hard mid panel.
The good thing is those 3 all fit together nicely and easy install / removal. I was up and running in cold rainy weather with having to make things fit.

Ideally I would have a flat roof, folding windshield with wiper ability and hard mid panel at aftermarket prices - all fitting well and easy to swap out. I'm still happy with what I have cause that ideal does not exist.

Edit - I guess I should say they did not exist 8 months ago. Not sure about now

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Windshield roof doors and mid/rear panels are best from Honda most of the rest you can save lots by going elsewhere

Reactions: joeymt33 and ghost
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the glass windshield mostly because I didn't want to about wiping it off, the wiper option is another plus. The roof and hard mid-panel I would also do again for sure, really nice for the cooler weather and dust . One last bit I sprung for was the bed liner. It too cost too much but I'm glad I have it. I use mine for working around the property so I am always chucking something in there that I don't have to worry about spilling or leaking. I like the optional front bumper/brush guard but haven't bought that yet but I don't really like what I see in the aftermarket stuff, too heavy or bulky for my needs.

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got mine from Rocky Mt. ATV i think they were about $500 each.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bought the glass windshield mostly because I didn't want to about wiping it off, the wiper option is another plus. The roof and hard mid-panel I would also do again for sure, really nice for the cooler weather and dust . One last bit I sprung for was the bed liner. It too cost too much but I'm glad I have it. I use mine for working around the property so I am always chucking something in there that I don't have to worry about spilling or leaking. I like the optional front bumper/brush guard but haven't bought that yet but I don't really like what I see in the aftermarket stuff, too heavy or bulky for my needs.
I do agree with the bed liner as well especially in the 5. I don't have one but it's been on my list for awhile! And maybe the bed extender

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bed extender is great and a must if you carry a cooler, wife, and 2 Kids! $300 Yeti 35 fits perfect.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be getting a cut to fit mat and ensuring it has at least 2" lip all the way around. Tractor supply has 1/4", cut to length mat that is 48" wide. Bed is 52" ish by 40"ish so a 5 ft piece should be good. Seems pliable enough to just roll up when using the seats and can bungy to a ROPS or just behind the seats.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Stuff I have:

-4500 lb Warn winch with wired remote/roller fairleads - looks nice, only made sure it worked so far, haven't tested it, remote takes up a lot of space in the glove box

-Honda full length roof - Nice but be aware that it "holds water" when it gets wet. If you then go downhill or brake, it dumps cold water into your lap which can be a startling experience the first time it happens. :)

-Honda front and rear A-Arm guards - Rear is really nice, front really doesn't seem to do much for guarding the CV boots, probably would go aftermarket if I could do it over again

-Molded bed liner - It does cover pretty much the whole bed and it does keep trash from falling into the rear seats and it fits well enough that you can just leave the screws out (I don't think I would trailer it like that though) and you can get it out fairly easily but I don't think it is worth the nearly $300 asking price

I have a Honda rearview mirror that I bought Tuesday that haven't mounted yet but I test drove a unit that had it and I liked it and I will probably wind up getting a glass windshield after it turns off cold, since that was a request from my wife but I want to test it in the cold first, I have a feeling that the seat heat will be more than enough to offset the need for the windshield considering how slowly we usually drive and our relatively mild winters. I also want to get something to expand the on board storage. I don't really like the Honda bag that hangs on the roll bar but it may be my only option right now. I noticed that they make door storage bags for RZRs on a used on at my dealer that would be really nice. Surprisingly, considering the lack of on board storage on the pioneer, I haven't been able to find any specifically for the Pioneer yet though.

Hope this helps.

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stuff I have:

-4500 lb Warn winch with wired remote/roller fairleads - looks nice, only made sure it worked so far, haven't tested it, remote takes up a lot of space in the glove box

-Honda full length roof - Nice but be aware that it "holds water" when it gets wet. If you then go downhill or brake, it dumps cold water into your lap which can be a startling experience the first time it happens. :)

-Honda front and rear A-Arm guards - Rear is really nice, front really doesn't seem to do much for guarding the CV boots, probably would go aftermarket if I could do it over again

-Molded bed liner - It does cover pretty much the whole bed and it does keep trash from falling into the rear seats and it fits well enough that you can just leave the screws out (I don't think I would trailer it like that though) and you can get it out fairly easily but I don't think it is worth the nearly $300 asking price

I have a Honda rearview mirror that I bought Tuesday that haven't mounted yet but I test drove a unit that had it and I liked it and I will probably wind up getting a glass windshield after it turns off cold, since that was a request from my wife but I want to test it in the cold first, I have a feeling that the seat heat will be more than enough to offset the need for the windshield considering how slowly we usually drive and our relatively mild winters. I also want to get something to expand the on board storage. I don't really like the Honda bag that hangs on the roll bar but it may be my only option right now. I noticed that they make door storage bags for RZRs on a used on at my dealer that would be really nice. Surprisingly, considering the lack of on board storage on the pioneer, I haven't been able to find any specifically for the Pioneer yet though.

Hope this helps.
did you get your winch thru Honda? who makes it, is it a Warn? Thanks

advertisement
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
did you get your winch thru Honda? who makes it, is it a Warn? Thanks

It is a Honda branded Warn. It is the one that is on their accessory page.

I probably could have gotten a cheaper one and been just as good but I have always wanted a Warn for some reason and I was already blowing over $15,000 for the unit after tax so what was a few hundred more to get what I always wanted.

Based on my recent experience with my dealer though, I probably need to go back though it and make sure they actually hooked it up correctly. (I did verify that it at least will feed line and retract)

I mounted the Honda mirror last night and I like it so far. Could probably do just as good with a cheaper mirror though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes it's warn. Most companies use that. That's what I was trying to save you money on originally. I love my warn! But someone can order online with mount for half. Some of the people on here are using superwinch and swear by it. Another option

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: Crow_Hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bought a Superwinch Terra 45 SR on eBay because I got a heck of a deal on it. But they are made in China, and it's easy to tell that with the electrical hardware (contactor, hand held remote, switch, leads). The Warn components in comparison look and feel like much better quality.
I feel the exact same way. I'd rather spend a little more to know. We use ours a lot more then the average and it is now in vehicle 4 never an issue except snapping 4500 pound steel lines. Just switched to 7500 synthetic and now in love. However for people that don't use as much I'd absolutely suggest that winch. I don't regret spending an extra 100 for ours 2 1/2 years ago though. It's been swamped mudded and will sit there for months without wash, never failed

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!