Honda 1000-5 tie down question

C

Coonir1

Jul 9, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big thanks everyone for the input. I will be using 4 two inch straps. Two to the frame in front and two on the rear. Thanks again y’all

I really wanted to use braided unicorn tail hair for the tie down but it’s hard to come by.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
When I still had my enclosed trailer for ice fishing I never tied down my pioneer ever, but that was local runs down maybe 5 miles of dirt road, 20 mi max. Never ever experienced any movement, even with a few panic stops for deer/cows on the road.

on my open trailers I try to run a loop on the rims/tires and back to the trailer frame, plus having the winch line as a loose safety cable…

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I use 4 bungee cords, one on each corner…
But I use the good bungee cords… the ones from EBay.
Ebay??😱..........I ain't got that kinda $$.......I've been using the ball bungees from Harbor Freight for years now on my P1K5. They work great!!! Really allows the suspension to do what it does best 😉

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ebay??😱..........I ain't got that kinda $$.......I've been using the ball bungees from Harbor Freight for years now on my P1K5. They work great!!! Really allows the suspension to do what it does best 😉
Yeah, I hit the lotto and I figured what the hell I can spend $5.00 including shipping on 25 bungee cords.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This works well.
DB069B43 159F 41E6 BBDC 0D14724F6C01

advertisement
K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it really necessary to tie down the rear of at Honda 1000-5 while trailering?
I double strap the front end using heavy duty straps with tires resting against the front of the trailer. The vehicle does not move and I use tie points that let the suspension function as it should during travel.
I bought the ratcheting wheel bonnets (4) at Harbor Freight and bolted “D” rings (harbor freight) to the floor of the trailer in the appropriate locations to to hold down each wheel. I can load and strap down in a couple minutes and don’t have to fish straps around anything.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it really necessary to tie down the rear of at Honda 1000-5 while trailering?
I double strap the front end using heavy duty straps with tires resting against the front of the trailer. The vehicle does not move and I use tie points that let the suspension function as it should during travel.
Think about that for a minute. Your front end is locked down. You come to a very abrupt stop (think head on; rear ending someone; loosing control and hitting an immovable object), what is the back end of your side by side going to do? It’s going to flip over using the front wheel bearings as a pivot point and end up in the back of your tow vehicle.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think about that for a minute. Your front end is locked down. You come to a very abrupt stop (think head on; rear ending someone; loosing control and hitting an immovable object), what is the back end of your side by side going to do? It’s going to flip over using the front wheel bearings as a pivot point and end up in the back of your tow vehicle.
Nuh uh…it’d have to break the dental floss strap I had on it first. And I know I plucked that b!tch and said “that ain’t going nowheres” so I’m safer than a two dollar whore on nickel night. Still can’t believe sis charges her own damn brother for that.

• Haha
Reactions: Coonir1 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!